Raptor broken into

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aR4CE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we watched the footage of my buddy's superduty getting broken into- popped the handle and got everything. Gone in one minute, 3 seconds.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Unfortunately the search and rescue backpack that was stolen could have been used to save more lives. Hopefully whoever got it may benefit them. The crappy part is there was a bunch of medicine in there as well that my family needs from time to time.

I also had the deed for my mining claim in the truck, thankfully they didn't steal that.

That stinks! Hopefully homeowners will cover some if not auto.

Mining claim? Gold? Prospecting is one of my hobbies.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear.

I will share my recent break in story.

We were in Miami for supporting our daughter who was having surgery. She and her boyfriend flew in. The wife and I drove down. We checked her in the day of surgery and the doctor told us it would be 3-5 hours so we should probably go grab lunch. We got a cup of coffee at the hospital and stuck around until they got started.

One of the guys at the hospital suggested to my daughter's boyfriend a restaurant about 15 minutes away. Long story short, while we were sitting in the down to eat I heard the horn alarming. I ran out to find a 2000ish black Monte Carlo backing away from my truck. I assumed he hit me and quickly inspected the outside of the truck. No damage.

I grabbed on of the doors and it was unlocked. That is when I realized he broke in. Unfortunately, my keys were sitting on the table. I ran back in and went looking for him but it was too late. Maybe it was best that my keys were on the table because I was carrying and would have recovered my possessions.

My daughter's backpack and her boyfriends backpack which contained her id's and passport and all of her electronics. He lost a work laptop and work phone. She lost a laptop IPad and a new IPhone 6. This all occurred the Monday before Xmas while she was in surgery.

I later found that he had entered the truck by punching out the lock barrel on the drivers door. I wish I had known then how easy it was to do that.

Becuase most of the items stolen were theirs, Reid filed a claim against their home owners policy. I haven't heard if they paid out yet.

I hate a f'n thief. Later that night at dinner, Reid told me that he had never seen me pissed off before and never wanted to see it again.

Last edited:

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your trucks guys. Don't you hate it how it seems that you never walk up on the scumbag while they're breaking in so you can crack their skull. GL with the repairs and insurance

Paratrooper84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to a Bday party last night in SF. Parked in a good area visible from where we were eating. Came out an hour later and the right rear door window was broken. Unfortunately they also stole my search and rescue backpack with over $2k worth of gear inside.

I have no idea how they saw what was in the truck since the backpack was covered with a blanket.

Also my right rear door handle doesn't work anymore.

Any ideas on how much a new window will cost installed? Any idea if insurance will cover the stolen gear?

Thanks.
Luke
if you have renters insurance they cover up to about 5,000 or even 10,000 depending on your insurance or monthly payment. I hate to ask but do you think it was anyone you know ? Or that knows you have that type of equipment in your vehicle ?

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Also bro I know it's a pain in the ass but I never keep anything valuable in any of my cars and trucks. Call me paranoid but I've had that happend to me before so I know the feeling of wanting to catch that SOB red handed and destroying the bastard.

aR4CE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point for sure- Nothing in the vehicle that isn't replaceable.

Firearms are the worst IMO.. locked sufficiently or not left in there at all.

OP
OP
B

Blu808

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments. I put a police report in and will file a claim with my home owners insurance. I had the window replaced for $200 with labor.

Ski169

Reaction score
I felt compelled to post after what happened to me last night/early this morning. I was in Albuquerque for work. This isn't the first time I've stayed there for a week or longer. Parked the truck under a light and in sight from my hotel room. Auto started from the room this morning. Went outside about 5 minutes later and went to put my bag in the back seat like I always do and noticed my plate carrier was gone. Looked up front and my glove box was open. Looked at the drivers door handle and sure enough, some ******* punched the lock. I hate thieves. Needless to say, my trip was cut short.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Feel bad for y'all! I have had two trucks broken into, both superduty's with the popped handle. I hate a piece of s&$t thief, if we could only walk up and catch them in the act, I would have a great place to put a very fast moving piece of lead!