Raptor Broken Into :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BLACKMAMBA777

BLACKMAMBA777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn dude, I just noticed you're in Charlotte. I live down in Steele Creek near Carowinds. Where where you when it happened? I'd have a hard time not blasting a mo fo if I caught him in my truck :gr_guns:

tell me about it man, i was at one of my stores in the university area. it happened at 11:45 in the morning! now i'm out 500 bones :/

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
try a dei alarm with a paging system that way if you are inside a building and you alarm goes off it notifies you right away. dei owns viper, clifford, hornet, automate, etc. the newer alarms have a 1 mile range line of sight. so about 1/4 mile range if in buildings, depending on how many walls and other interference that may be around. my wife was in the bank when our alarm went off, she came out after the remote started beeping/vibrating and sure enough the lady parked next to us was in her car backing out trying to leave. so my wife stopped her and got her info. that saved us some money, we made the lady pay to fix the big dent and scratch she put in it. but that right there covered the cost of the alarm. so well worth it to get one. also the make alarms that work with iphone/android as well

OP
OP
BLACKMAMBA777

BLACKMAMBA777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try a dei alarm with a paging system that way if you are inside a building and you alarm goes off it notifies you right away. dei owns viper, clifford, hornet, automate, etc. the newer alarms have a 1 mile range line of sight. so about 1/4 mile range if in buildings, depending on how many walls and other interference that may be around. my wife was in the bank when our alarm went off, she came out after the remote started beeping/vibrating and sure enough the lady parked next to us was in her car backing out trying to leave. so my wife stopped her and got her info. that saved us some money, we made the lady pay to fix the big dent and scratch she put in it. but that right there covered the cost of the alarm. so well worth it to get one. also the make alarms that work with iphone/android as well

man thanks for the great info! is this dei company the one who has the alarm set up through the smartphones?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they have a module called smart start which allows control of your alarm anywhere you have cell service. just like how onstar works for GM. but like onstar there is a subscription service. i think its $50 every 6 months or year i dont remember. but you can check you car status, lock, unlock and start the car from your phone. try the viper 5704, or 5904 that might be worthwhile. even if you dont use the remote start feature those 2 have the 1 mile range. a little expensive but i think its worth it. the smart start is also an additional purchase. we charge $1000 installed for the 5704 including smart start and the ford bypass module ( this allows for cloning of the microchip inside you key so we can "tell" your truck to start without the key. this is very safe so dont worry, as soon as you try to shift out of park during remote start the engine will shut down. you have to put the key in to drive) the 5904 usually goes for $1200 installed. use these prices a a guideline if you go to a shop and have them install one for you. MAKE SURE THEY ARE AUTHORIZED DEI DEALERS. that way you get dei warranty. if your vehicle gets stolen dei will pay $25,000 toward a new vehicle. but the prices i gave you are pretty much retail price with free installation, so some shops might not be willing to give you 5 hours of labor free. but as long as its close to those numbers. if you go online to purchase the components (which will be cheaper to buy) shops will charge a higher hourly rate since you did not purchase from them.