Raptor Broken Into :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BLACKMAMBA777

BLACKMAMBA777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I go the appraisal from ford and they said it would be $1200 less my $500 deductible and they would make it look new. What do you all think?!

I am OCD, I asked if the window would be from the factory but they said for doesn't even make their own windows they just brand it. What do you all think? I really appreciate the feedback, thanks.

Jackemuphigh21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a truck OCD person myself and I had a big rock hit my A-pillar on a truck in the past and left a huge gash down to the metal and I tried to "leave it be" for about six months and it made me sick every time I saw it. I finally bit the bullet to have it fixed and actually forgot all about it because it just looked factory again and you couldnt tell anything had ever happened. If it were me and I could swing the deductible I would go ahead and have it fixed right and get the peace of mind of the truck being right again. As for the asshats that smashed in the window, I'd look into an alarm system and carry a big stick to beat them with if they ever pull that shit again.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
I feel your pain brother...

Happend to me a couple weeks ago. I would get a quote from a reputable glass place. I had to replace a rear side window and it cost me ~$250 in St. Louis. They got my rear window last week so I had to replace the whole thing. The cost was ~$580 with OEM glass.

i-SRRdNX3-M.jpg

i-c22TWKP.jpg

i-cdCNTCT-L.jpg

OP
OP
BLACKMAMBA777

BLACKMAMBA777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright guys, i bit the bullet and paid the $500 deductible. :(, at least my baby will be back in tip top shape.

You all are the best, thanks for the feedback.

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you never told us what you had in there. Did you have the rainbow warrior gagged, bagged, and tagged back there and they wanted him back ?

Just having fun at your expense. Sorry bro.

I know all about cat burglars......

OP
OP
BLACKMAMBA777

BLACKMAMBA777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you never told us what you had in there. Did you have the rainbow warrior gagged, bagged, and tagged back there and they wanted him back ?

Just having fun at your expense. Sorry bro.

I know all about cat burglars......

Yeah man, I had my radar detector on the windshield. Windows are tinted so dark in back you can't see in, but I did have tools, about $100 worth of disc golf discs. I had a $300 pair of costs in the console. He opened the console and didn't take anything, didn't even take all the other stuff mentioned.

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you mean Costa's ? Oh man I'd be on a murderous rampage if someone stole my Costa's. Those things are like HD clouds for your eyes.

_Rudy_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn dude, I just noticed you're in Charlotte. I live down in Steele Creek near Carowinds. Where where you when it happened? I'd have a hard time not blasting a mo fo if I caught him in my truck :gr_guns: