Raptor Broken Into :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BLACKMAMBA777

BLACKMAMBA777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though it was out of my control, I'm just wondering if I should get over it. I hate that it happened but scratches will happen no matter what, and I have truck OCD so I will go crazy every time I see one. I know some people can overlook this stuff, but dang.

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

This shouldn't cause the truck to depreciate right? Anyone know?

Flboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear. I would call around to local car dealers and ask if they have a mobile car paint care person. I have used several in the past and have had the best of luck. They use more of an airbrush sprayer than the big one at body shops so tiny jobs look original.

STUTIDE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey man - sorry to hear that and especially since you live where I live. Being that new - you should get it fixed right. If you dont have anyone here locally Brian Davies - Body Works Plus downtown Charlotte does exceptional work. Really great guy as well. He has done multiple jobs for me and I have ALWAYS been extremely pleased. Goes the extra mile.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
That sucks! Did you leave anything out in view that a thief might want? I try very hard not to do that, to the point of removing chargers for phone and Ipads and such.

If it was my truck, I'd be getting it fixed because it'd just **** me off every time I saw it. I'd never be able to put what happened into the back of my mind if I kept seeing all the damage.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That sucks! Did you leave anything out in view that a thief might want? I try very hard not to do that, to the point of removing chargers for phone and Ipads and such.

If it was my truck, I'd be getting it fixed because it'd just **** me off every time I saw it. I'd never be able to put what happened into the back of my mind if I kept seeing all the damage.

Exactly, that is why I mount vhf radio in console, tailgate lip (removable) antenna, quick release fasteners on outlaw lowrance gps mount, painted the white external antenna black, and tinted windows with lumar shatter resistant window tinting. Out of site out of mind..

-Greg

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Exactly, that is why I mount vhf radio in console, tailgate lip (removable) antenna, quick release fasteners on outlaw lowrance gps mount, painted the white external antenna black, and tinted windows with lumar shatter resistant window tinting. Out of site out of mind..

-Greg

Greg, did you ever see the JB weld job I did on my M&R hood mount lights? :ROFLJest:

I'm pretty sure if a would-be-thief looks at those, they're gonna reconsider. Every single bolt is gobbed with JBweld to the point they couldn't get a wrench onto the bolt head or the nut.

OP
OP
BLACKMAMBA777

BLACKMAMBA777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just nervous about getting it fixed and then heading off road and something else happening. That's why Im trying to figure out of I should get over it. Deductible for ins is $500 and the quote I got from my Ford dealer is a little over a grand. :/

HahnSolo

Reaction score
Claim it on Insurance bro, as long as your deductable isn't outrageous. And if you choose not to fix it keep the check your insurance company writes you or better yet use the money to cure your "broke-into-blues" by adding some sick upgrades!!!

Karma is a b*tch man, those dip sh*ts will get whats coming to them sooner or later...

Insurance=upgrades=scratches give character.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you actually call your insurance? Sometimes policies have a different comprehensive deductible than the collision deductible.

Does that grand at the dealer include the new windows? If it is just for paint, they are painting the entire door. I'd just get some touch ups. It might not look perfect that way, but it will look better than scratches and prevent rust.