Raptor 1 - Lexus 0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
guitarist982

guitarist982

Reaction score
@Drunktank - A little bit different situation for me, but will likely have the same end result. After I got hit I immediately pulled into the median between the highway exits and jumped out to assess the damage. The other vehicle had slowed (not stopped) in the right shoulder and as I rounded my truck, they turned their hazards off and get back in the lane and drove off. I jumped in my truck, caught up behind them to get the license plate, and started honking and flashing my my lights. After about a mile they finally pulled over to the shoulder (at the very top of the High Five interchange in Dallas if anyone knows the area).

Not knowing what to expect, I jump out anticipating some sort of confrontation and out steps a 80 year old man with an obvious Parkinson's-like shake -- which completely changed the tone. I asked him if he was OK and aware he hit me. He seemed competent enough, but more concerned about getting back on the highway he was trying to stay on in the first place.

I knew the risk of not filing a police report but was not wanting to stay on top of that overpass in rush hour traffic any longer than I had to - hell, the Raptor didn't fit entirely on the shoulder. We exchanged info and I did my best to explain to him how to get back heading west. I mean he had printed MapQuest directions on clipboard for pete's sake.

So ... If I can squeeze some upgrades out of this at the cost of a deductible I'll be pleased. Best case I get that back. I just hope he makes it safely across a few more states and remembers to talk to his insurance co. Something tells me his side mirror, or lack thereof, might remind him.

Sounds like you need a new wheel, new running board, axle might be tweaked, etc etc.

Rear springs probably shot, rear shock gone, time for 3.0s this could get bad.

Don't forget the Boatec bedsides also !

LOL ... Appraiser couldn't fit me in until the 13th, so we'll see what I can squeeze out of him.

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha I did the same thing a few weeks ago, only scratched my ring but took some girl's bumper clean off. Just the excuse to get them powder coated, they just got finished tonight

856f120ae48b2570f69974c4a2d1b056.jpg

7a687b2507be16da49b10dc52f445310.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha I did the same thing a few weeks ago, only scratched my ring but took some girl's bumper clean off. Just the excuse to get them powder coated, they just got finished tonight

856f120ae48b2570f69974c4a2d1b056.jpg

7a687b2507be16da49b10dc52f445310.jpg

Looks like you had them done in matt black? What did you have to pay?

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid $300, more than most, but he took them down to bare metal and did the bolts too. Said there was a lot of bondo from the factory and it took some work to get it off. He discovered the casting was pretty rough and had to do a little grinding to smooth them out

OP
OP
guitarist982

guitarist982

Reaction score

Lol - nice! Those will look good. Did insurance cover an entire new ring or just re-painting.

Looks like you had them done in matt black? What did you have to pay?

I had mine done in a satin black that matched the wheel almost perfectly. I paid $20 per, but that was without the red SVT.

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I didn't claim insurance for anything. Yes they are satin too and match really well, the wheel is a semi gloss I think

D

Deleted member 12951

Did the same thing with another set of rings. Place told me $20 a ring and they took it down to the metal. Took about 6 weeks and guess they felt bad and did it for free. They never did the red SVT so I bought the Rappy Graphics red decal inserts instead.

4cfb9afa19afc5bd8d3706b216cf8eaf.jpg

Agent_X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I got hit over a year ago, my body shop was going to replace the whole wheel when it got minor scuffs, I told them leave it and I put that cash to better use on the truck. Sucks to get hit but a minor collision can bring in some cash and good upgrades.

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like that guy should probably not be on the road any longer. Next time he'll hit a motorcycle and kill someone - Especially since he didn't see the huge truck next to him...