Raptor 1 - Lexus 0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

guitarist982

Reaction score
Got side swiped by a Lexus yesterday at 70mph when a he decided he wanted out of an exit only lane on the highway last minute. The Raptor took it like a champ. Zero body damage - just barely scratched up a beauty ring and some scuffs on the fender flare, side step and rear bumper - essentially unnoticeable unless your looking for it. Not quite the same for him ... that beauty ring chewed him up pretty good!

IMG_6783.jpg
IMG_6768.jpg
IMG_6767.jpg
IMG_6759.jpg

BajaTaxi

IG @the_baja_taxi
Reaction score
That's just scaring from a good day of off roading. Now it's on his/her dime to buff out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
guitarist982

guitarist982

Reaction score
Nice, LOL!

You got several thousands in damage though. That wheel alone will bring you some good coin.

Hope so. Scheduling the adjuster now. I've got the beauty ring from my spare and a full set of SE rings so hopefully I can put it to better use and just get it re-powdercoated for $20. I've already started looking at new rear bumpers lol.

I hope he had insurance.

Yup, and the poor guys insurance blew right off his trunk and over the overpass after I snapped a photo. I went ahead and filed with my insurance to get the ball rolling and I'll let them argue my deductible back. He was on his way back to CO and hit me in Dallas. I didn't feel like waiting around. That's got to be a long drive with that mirror bouncing around.

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this exact same thing happen to me in my old 2500. 16 year old kid with two half naked high school girls with HUGE melons in his car side swiped me.... I had a dent in my front fender but my tires destroyed his car. BRAND NEW VW still with dealer plates.

He accepted full responsibility, gave me his insurance and we parted ways. That afternoon, his mom calls me up SCREAMING about how i hit her sons car. Apparently his story to mom and dad was something different. We both had statefarm and since there was no police report (stupid me)... they said they couldnt take a side and told us both to pound sand.

Luckily I was only out a few hundred bucks... poor kid though! Here he thought for sure he was gonna be face deep in tity that afternoon!

Plus note for you: Thats a few G's in mods right there! AH YA! I keep praying someone will rear end my truck so I can get a new bumper lol