Racing a Cummins?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah i'm with Steve O do it for ***** and gigs... I put mine up against a tuned Eco boost the other day.

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i raced a newer powerstroke right after i first got mine. he at least had a tune and exhaust cuz he was pouring black smoke on the road. all i saw was a black cloud with 2 headlights poking out of it in my rear view mirror :)

OP
OP
WilsonRaptor

WilsonRaptor

Reaction score
so it sounds like this guy has a ramrunner.....

Nope just a gay little cummins

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

Yeah i'm with Steve O do it for ***** and gigs... I put mine up against a tuned Eco boost the other day.

I raced a stock ecoboost the other day and basically blew him off the road, did you win against the tuned ecoboost?

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

And those powerstrokes a come from the factory with twins right?

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've seen a few Cummings putting down insane numbers... The Raptor is by far the best vehicle from factory for what it was designed to do. However, even with my supercharger I'd be weary of wagering large sums of money on the race, without knowing what all he's done to it. You should run him and make a video so we know how it goes.

Last edited:

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nope just a gay little cummins

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

I raced a stock ecoboost the other day and basically blew him off the road, did you win against the tuned ecoboost?

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

And those powerstrokes a come from the factory with twins right?

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f52/...kers-diff-covers-front-rear-20820/index4.html

Post number 37 has all the info.
The stock Eco's aren't very fast but when you wake up the turbos its a whole different cat. Also, most Eco's are usually geared pretty high so they aren't very quick just have good gas MPGs.

per post:

Ok so for an update to the 5.13s put in with the 37 tires....

Got a chance to run a eco boost Screw FX4 F-150 that is running raptor OEM tires, leveling kit maybe minor lift, tuner by 5star, intake, 4.10 gears, and an exhaust cutout as well. This is my buddies truck and really wanted a raptor but couldn't get him talked into it.

So for my truck to make it fair: Scab, no aftermarket intake just a K&N drop in filter, exhaust cutout, 5star tune, 5.13s, 37 Nitto Mud grapplers on DS methods (122+ lbs per), and a 80 lbs front bumper with boatecs on top perch.

Now this is a closed road just FYI for people who want to preach:

Did a single run from a dead stop to 80+ mph.... Looked down after we let off and it was 85 at that time. Both trucks had the A/C on and a single window down, Both tunes at 87 performance, all nannies on with 2wd open rear only, tanks roughly same amount as far as Gallons in the tanks.

So here is how it went:
When we both came off the line mine was almost a full truck a head. His front bumper was almost to my rear bumper. At 40 mph we were almost dead even and by the time we hit 80-90 ish He was about his truck length a head and now my front bumper was even with his rear axle.

Just wanted to inform people about how a couple mods and different strokes for people do. He had lighter tires, intake, no bumper, and not as high or wide as my raptor. I had a shorter cab and lower gears.

Was he surprised.... SHIT he was PISSed his EB didn't just chew me up especially with the 37s. This is a pretty good test of how a set of gears really gets these monsters moving.

mcallister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coming from a tuned 6.4 powerstroke to a raptor I can for sure tell you that your wasting your time racing a tuned diesel in a drag race. With a mini maxx and exhaust that truck is making about 495 hp 1100 torque to the tires. With my 6.4 I was making about 580hp 1200tq and ran the 1/4 in 13.1 spinning 4wd out of the hole. If you do race him, don't put any money on it.

OP
OP
WilsonRaptor

WilsonRaptor

Reaction score

Coming from a tuned 6.4 powerstroke to a raptor I can for sure tell you that your wasting your time racing a tuned diesel in a drag race. With a mini maxx and exhaust that truck is making about 495 hp 1100 torque to the tires. With my 6.4 I was making about 580hp 1200tq and ran the 1/4 in 13.1 spinning 4wd out of the hole. If you do race him, don't put any money on it.

Nah man I wouldn't put any money on it, he spent all of his lottery money and is just a broke ****** right now!

2manytrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, he is going to eat you for breakfast without breaking a sweat..... sorry to say but our trucks don't have anything on most stock diesels much less a tuned one. The only thing that you can hope for is that he drops his tranny.

The only way you are going to get him is in the dirt. If he made the challenge, you get to pic the venue.... do not race on anything resembling pavement

Last edited: