Question about B-post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alaskan ogre

Reaction score
Question for the form, on December 11th 2015 me and my fiance where in an MVA where we were hit on the driver side of the vehicle buy a truck and trailer, it was a heavy duty Ford and 21 foot trailer. The trailer took out the driver's door and the passenger's door and the B post also removing the seat belt which was in use at the time. Has anybody ever had this problem or heard of this problem. I am quite concerned about this. Signed Alaskan ogre

Attachments

• 20151212_120349.jpg
    20151212_120349.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 20151212_120339.jpg
    20151212_120339.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 20151212_120329.jpg
    20151212_120329.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 20151212_120325.jpg
    20151212_120325.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 112
D

Deleted member 12951

Looks like quite a bit of structural damage. Was that a supercrew? Are they just going to total the truck? If that was not my fault, I would demand they get you another raptor.

How are you guys, both of you survived and doing okay? Looks like every air bag went off.

You also posted this in the 2017 section so hopefully you get more responses

Last edited by a moderator:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That looks horrible. I hope you're ok.

Send like an of crash that is for sure. The B post is designed for side impact but not sure about a specific front hit like that.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

H O L I D A Y CHEER Event fundraiser
Donate $5 for a chance to win a Craven Dip Stick
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=936608
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

VOTE VOTE VOTE
https://polldaddy.com/poll/9218785/
For your favorite five.

whoisbigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like an extrication as the doors and B pillar are completely gone. Also, the C pillar appears dented where spreaders may have been used to pop the rear door. Did rescue cut those off to get you out? As bad as that looks, the structural integrity of the passenger compartment appears otherwise intact.
Hope your'e both alright.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First off, we all hope you and your passengers are ok. That truck took a hell of a beating. Did the collision throw you into another vehicle and these is front end damage that we aren't seeing? I'm just curious why ALL the airbags deployed. If this was caused by someone else, I would make sure that all of my medical bills and a new Raptor were part of the deal. The one picture looks to me like there may be some frame deformation going on here......

Good luck!!!!

OP
OP
A

Alaskan ogre

Reaction score
To all of those who replied to my post I appreciate the well wishes and we are fine. We were hit by a Ford truck with a 21 foot trailer and the trailer front edge grabbed the front left door and tore everything out including the B-post. No extrication was needed and the seat belt attached to the B post was ripped out of the last as well. My fiance was lucky that she was not tossed from the vehicle, after we were hit we flat spun a 180 in the direction we just came from. Just curious as to why a B-post would shear like that. But again thanks to everyone. Alaskan ogre

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey I'm really glad you and your fiance are alright, but I can tell you I had a very similar crash in Maine during the winter of 2013. I was hit from the side by a wood truck tractor trailer while going downhill and was pushed me into the side of a DOT snow plow (basically a dump truck) on slushy roads just after a storm. I had a jeep patriot at the time. My damage was similar to yours, except both sides of my jeep and the hood were all crushed in, ripped off, dented, etc. My driver's side A-pillar was ripped clean off, but that B-pillar damage looks different. It almost looks like a weak point the way it's sheared. Perhaps the B-pillar isn't as structurally sound as A and C? Perhaps it's strength is only designed for a dead on straight hit. If you consider basic physics, with a tearing force from the front or rear upon a smaller surface area, it's strength is severely diminished as opposed to a dead on frontal hit to the flat part. But with science aside, definitely good to see you're okay. Side accidents are scary as shit. And honestly it's intimidating to see how badly a side accident can tear up a Raptor, or any vehicle really.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Crash33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm really glad you and your fiance are alright, but I can tell you I had a very similar crash in Maine during the winter of 2013. I was hit from the side by a wood truck tractor trailer while going downhill and was pushed me into the side of a DOT snow plow (basically a dump truck) on slushy roads just after a storm. I had a jeep patriot at the time. My damage was similar to yours, except both sides of my jeep and the hood were all crushed in, ripped off, dented, etc. My driver's side A-pillar was ripped clean off, but that B-pillar damage looks different. It almost looks like a weak point the way it's sheared. Perhaps the B-pillar isn't as structurally sound as A and C? Perhaps it's strength is only designed for a dead on straight hit. If you consider basic physics, with a tearing force from the front or rear upon a smaller surface area, it's strength is severely diminished as opposed to a dead on frontal hit to the flat part. But with science aside, definitely good to see you're okay. Side accidents are scary as shit. And honestly it's intimidating to see how badly a side accident can tear up a Raptor, or any vehicle really.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

That's pretty amazing that it sheared the B pillar off like that. Glad you are OK.