PSS Power steering reservoir leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have tried to contact PSS (Charlie) and I have not gotten a reply so turning to the forums.

I have the full PSS cooling and reservoir kit. I get some leaking from what I am gathering is the vent hole on the top of the reservoir. I am going with this is not normal but I have not gotten a hold of PSS to ask what is going on.

Anyone else have this issue and or have a fix. Fluid should not be coming out of the unit.

D

Deleted member 12951

How full do you have it? It should only be filled to the ridge that you see inside. If you overfill it, it will come out the relief valve.

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Driving hard on long trips.

Not a lot but still none should come out in my book

There is still expansion room in the tank. It was not FULL.

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen on the R2V run. Not a lot, but definitely weeping past the fitting on the cap. It was filled to the fill line. @Trick_Raptor did yours do this?

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen on the R2V run. Not a lot, but definitely weeping past the fitting on the cap. It was filled to the fill line. @Trick_Raptor did yours do this?

I had a little come out of the vent screw on the cap. Not even enough to make a difference on fluid level but it does make the cap/reservoir and lines greasy which of course the dirt sticks to it making it look much worse than it is.

It's been that way since day one.

D

Deleted member 12951

I haven't ran hard with my PSS setup as I recently installed it. Previously I had the RPG one. Their relief valve was on the side with a rubber hose to bring it down further. On runs I would have PS fluid coming out too.