Problems with iPhone connecting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MeenieMe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reset Phone Settings

When iOS 8 came out, I had the same issue across my Fords. Even after the fix releases by Apple, I still had issues. What then seemed to be the generally recommended resolution was to reset the network settings on my phone (Settings --> General --> Reset --> Reset Network Settings) and if that didn't work, then Reset All Settings (same location). I had an iPhone 4S that had the same problems, and this ended up resolving it. Of course, I then opted for the final step in the escalation chain a couple months later...I upgraded my phone.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I finally got tired of all the issues with the bluetooth connection so I bought a spare cable that I leave in the truck. It works much better with a hard line and I think the phone responds faster to steering wheel commands for song changes, as well.

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed for some time now that my iPhone takes way too long to connect to my truck and sometimes it doesn't connect at all. I've deleted my phone and re-installed it, hoping that would clear it up but no dice. Any ideas as to what it might be?
Hi SVT Bob18,

The Car Stereo Company had a great suggestion! Power down the phone by holding the POWER and HOME buttons until the Apple logo appears. The soft reset improves the Bluetooth connection. Does your truck have MyFord Touch or basic SYNC?

I have a question you, the master of tech shit may be able to help me with. When i connect my phone to sync i always have to go through the menu and chose bluetooth audio. Is there a way to have it always just connect via bluetooth? I hope you can understand what im tryong to say lol
Hey Bulletnjm,

Like lka mentioned, you can press the VOICE COMMAND button on the steering wheel and say BLUETOOTH audio to quickly switch sources. There are no settings within SYNC to allow you to choose a default source.

Kim