Problems with iPhone connecting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVT Bob18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed for some time now that my iPhone takes way too long to connect to my truck and sometimes it doesn't connect at all. I've deleted my phone and re-installed it, hoping that would clear it up but no dice. Any ideas as to what it might be?

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the phone updated?

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

In my experience I've never had a Bluetooth work properly with the iPhone except for the vehicles with sync.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
power down the phone and try again

I have a question you, the master of tech shit may be able to help me with. When i connect my phone to sync i always have to go through the menu and chose bluetooth audio. Is there a way to have it always just connect via bluetooth? I hope you can understand what im tryong to say lol

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a question you, the master of tech shit may be able to help me with. When i connect my phone to sync i always have to go through the menu and chose bluetooth audio. Is there a way to have it always just connect via bluetooth? I hope you can understand what im tryong to say lol
bluetooth audio is a source just like am/fm/cd/ etc. so it needs to be selected. and voice control should work

Houston Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm so glad you brought this up. I'm having my iPad mini installed into my dash which will remove some of my buttons. I started worrying the other day when I couldn't figure out how to get my iPad to connect through Bluetooth. But now seeing that I can use the voice control I should have no problem.

---------- Post added at 02:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 AM ----------

bluetooth audio is a source just like am/fm/cd/ etc. so it needs to be selected. and voice control should work

When I hit the media button on my steering wheel sometimes it goes to Bluetooth audio, and then rarely it will go to Sync but not Bluetooth audio. I will have to go into the settings and select Bluetooth audio, which is what Bullet us trying to avoid. I'm really hoping voice control works. I'll test it out tomorrow.