Be prepared for the worst. Off-road accidents.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done extensive research on this. You can schedule anything you want, odds are it won't be covered off-road. My prerunner policy specifically excludes anything off-road related.

Basically it covers the truck while it's sitting in the driveway, or being trailered.

I have spoken to numerous race teams that have similar insurance. Yes they will insure it, no they won't cover it if you *** it up off-road.

I'm new to the offroad(dirt) stuff. But, is there not event coverage you can buy? I would buy track-specific insurance for my Evo when I was going racing.

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most events are private raptor runs put on by normal people, not companies

I would Event is a loose term. I would "track" insurance through my company for the day. It was not through whatever event I was attending.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So just to be clear, insurance will not cover you off road, so if another vehicle hits into you off road you are not covered? So do you forgo getting the other drivers info that hit you off road because you won't have a claim?

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't get caught up in whats off road coverage and if you are or not covered. Play it smart with your insurance and look for what coverage means. Ask your insurance agent as to what may or may not be covered. In most cases your covered only because the asset is covered primarily for your lender. They will in most cases pay off your loan leaving you as Treypal put it out the money for any upgrades you may have done. Most insurance companies will place a rider on the policy if asked to cover added modifications. Wear a helmet wear a helmet.... Ask your agent to show you in your policy exactly whats covered. Have them show it in the policy because you may need to point it out later to the adjuster.. But I can not stress enough to ask, ask, ask , and wear a helmet...

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Awesome advice TP....as always. I've learned a lot from you over the past couple years and I'm sure more is to come. Thanks for posting this up and reeling us all back in to reality. Talk to you soon. -- Matt

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done extensive research on this. You can schedule anything you want, odds are it won't be covered off-road. My prerunner policy specifically excludes anything off-road related.

Basically it covers the truck while it's sitting in the driveway, or being trailered.

I have spoken to numerous race teams that have similar insurance. Yes they will insure it, no they won't cover it if you *** it up off-road.

Wait, so the insurance company ISN'T your sponsor?!

*takes State Farm sticker off side of raptor* :(

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great advice guys. I know we often get caught up in the excitement of hitting the dirt and don't consider what happens if/when something goes wrong. Drive within your/trucks limits and don't take unnecessary risks. Doing something you've done a hundred times before might not go right one time and that's all it takes.

This doesn't have to be a downer but just a reality check.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm new to the offroad(dirt) stuff. But, is there not event coverage you can buy? I would buy track-specific insurance for my Evo when I was going racing.

Get good insurance and they'll cover it as long as it isn't a race.

I know that USAA and Farmer's will cover off-road accidents as long as you aren't in a competition or in a race. I specifically asked USAA about coverage if I happened to roll my truck while off roading at an event such as Texas Raptor Run or Havoc in the Hills. They said as long as it wasn't a competition or race (even a race against time would count as a race) they will cover everything minus your deductible.