powerstroke in raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sisca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im toying with the idea of dropping powerstroke into a 2010 raptor. Question is, will it fit in the engine bay, and will I need to beef up the front suspension to handle the weight? Ive looked thru the forums for a similar thread and found none on the subject. If thats not possible, I may just do an ecoboost.

whoisbigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might be able to get one in, probably would have to replumb some of the peripheral stuff, intercooler and turbo stuff... brake master cylinder, stuff that isnt necessarily rigidly attached to the motor. The tranny is bigger as is the t-case... 6-spped would be awesome. suspension would require a lot of work. Motor is heavier as is tranny. Anything can be done if you have enough money to throw at it. 7.3 would be way cooler than a 6.4 or 6.7.
A better idea might be a smaller diesel... Cummins 4BT would fit pretty easily... good for an easy 400 hp and better fuel mileage, and parts are cheaper. Less computer issues to deal with, also lighter. Suspension would work pretty well. if anything it would be taller in the engine bay but we have plenty of height in there.

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Great, thanks... now you have me thinking. I love diesels in unsuspecting retrofits, but why do you want to try this. Towing, pulling, rock climbing... not raptor stuff generally. that being said, frame would need beefing up, engine would sit more forward than in a Superduty so vehicle would be front end heavy, intercooler would require some thinking outside of the box. Stacks in the bed would be cool... through the hood even cooler.
Ecoboost would be cool. I would want more horsepower, could get expensive quick.
Research the Cummins 4BT solution if you just have to have a diesel. I bet you could find an entire map for putting one in an F-150 with the solution to every problem already figured out. Cost would be cheapest of all solutions.
I have a friend who put a 4BT in a Chevy 1500... 4-speed tranny, 500+hp with a single turbo and more torque than the law allows in a little pick-up.

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you probably could...but a powerstoke weighs 1000+ pounds along with a monstrous automatic transmission so you'd be dealing with some serious weight. Not worth it in my opinion. A lot easier to build a superduty with a raptor-esque suspension.

Laurie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An interesting build but I would say it's a hell of a lot less work to take a truck with the Powerstroke in it and give it the wide arches / long travel suspension, and if you want maybe even try and integrate some of the Raptor's interior components like the seats and steering wheel and so on. Build it up as an "F350 Raptor"

whoisbigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An interesting build but I would say it's a hell of a lot less work to take a truck with the Powerstroke in it and give it the wide arches / long travel suspension, and if you want maybe even try and integrate some of the Raptor's interior components like the seats and steering wheel and so on. Build it up as an "F350 Raptor"

I'm in (I love PowerStroke Superdutys)... when do we begin?