Power Steering Solutions Reservoir and Cooler Installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bump this up... I have leaking at the both connectors (at the reservoir, not at the pipe side) :facepalm: should have tighten it up before install I guess?

TXRPTOR37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at the 'Power steering hose leak' thread in the problems and questions section. I posted pics of where mine was leaking around the fitting/reservoir connection. I took it apart and retightened correctly and no problems now. Just a pain in the ass though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at the 'Power steering hose leak' thread in the problems and questions section. I posted pics of where mine was leaking around the fitting/reservoir connection. I took it apart and retightened correctly and no problems now. Just a pain in the ass though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is so true... I will just cut the hose if I have to redo it this time. The hoses are a bit too long anyways.

JRaptor11

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did this mod and now I have a slight popping noise when I am turning the wheel to pull into a parking spot. Not a fan of the instructions because it tells you to turn the wheel left and right 3-5 times and on pavement I didnt think that was a good idea.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you double checked your fluid level? Also after a short drive feel the cooler and hoses to see if they are all warm if not hot. If any part of it is cooler than the others u may have a flow issue...just a shot in the dark. I have no clue how this could make a popping noise

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

JRaptor11

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The instructions say to turn the wheel left and right 3-5 times with the truck on after you install the parts and I always thought that was a bad idea on pavement.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought the same so I put the truck in neutral and let it roll in my driveway while I turned the wheel back and forth

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Well there has been some time since the ICON res/cooler install.... everything still working as it should?

Does anyone know of anyone having a PS failure after installing the res/cooler?

D

Deleted member 12951

Well there has been some time since the ICON res/cooler install.... everything still working as it should?

If you have a 30" light bar in the grill, it will hit the cooler and hood won't shut. Had to bend the bracket two 90 degree bends to set it back further. Other than that, don't think much has changed.

OP
OP
KaiserM715

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
In my case, yes. I do have a slight oily film around the vent that I have to wipe off occasionally, but it has been flawless otherwise.
I have not heard of any...