Portable Truck Bed Liner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andreb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few times now I've been caught out in the rain or snow and had a full bed load with no way to keep things dry. I've tried tarps, plastic, etc. all with limited effect. I've been looking for something like this for a while and found it the other day while searching the internet. I almost had a custom made tarp done in a similar manner, a "diaper" if you will that wraps up your cargo.

https://portabletruckbedliner.com/

I purchased the "Full Size Truck - Bed length (small) 63" - 71" version and its a perfect fit for the Raptor bed. It easily holds a full bed load up to the top of the rails and would probably go 12" over the bed rails if needed. The interior is black while the exterior is silver. I wasn't crazy about the color but in the hot sun the silver helps to reflect some heat. There are brass grommets at each corner for straps or bungee cords and the main cover flap has four straps with quick release buckles. It comes with a decent storage bag that holds the unit rolled up.

The nylon tarp material is coated with something that appears to be waterproof but there are some areas I can see won't prevent all water from getting in. That said I think its a great solution for ~$86 (Amazon) and far less expensive then some truly waterproof bags I've seen for the bed. Those were all much smaller so while they may be waterproof you are limited on what you can pack in them.

I was able to connect the front and rear flaps with ball bungee cords. The four straps worked well but did allow the flaps to billow at freeway speeds (70 mph+). Next time I'll tie the loose ends down and see if that helps. Two cross straps would have been perfect but I plan to use my new cargo net in conjunction with this next time. I'll post some info on that later.

We left Tahoe with about 6" of snow on the hood and roof of my truck. 200 miles, 5,817 feet of elevation and +30 degrees later everything made it home dry. I'll update the thread if I have a chance to use this during the Spring in the rain.

Attachments

• IMG_2937.jpg
    IMG_2937.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2936.jpg
    IMG_2936.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 46