Please Help. Edelbrock Supercharger on 5.4L or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichPrince

Reaction score
Good day gentlemen and sorry to thread jack. I know there is a specific 5.4L Engine Thread but there are so very posts there anymore I thought I would give this area a shot. (higher visibility)

Long story short, I am curious if anyone has any long term experience with the Edelbrock E-Force SC? (first or even second hand knowledge appreciated)

After doing what I felt was an exhaustive search of these forums along with other places throughout the interwebs, I can only say that at best the "results" that I have found have basically been nonexistent. Best I found was a dyno run and a few posts - nothing really enlightening!

With that said ANY help would be appreciated gents.

Specifically:

1) ANYONE CAN ANSWER THIS ONE. Would you SC the 5.4L? And if not, what other HP options instead?

2) Where did you get your install done? Any problems you came across during the install? Cost?

3) Did you use the stock tune from Edelbrock? Why or why not? If not, who did your tune, cost? Any issues with mapping/timing/shifting/etc when in offroad mode? Any performance numbers? Boost, HP, Torque, etc.

4) Would you do it again? Durability? If not, what performance alternatives have you tried or would you prefer to try to get a little more from the 5.4L?

5) Any mods that you would do in addition to the SC (necessary to optional)? And the order in which you would do them?

6) What has your experience been with the SC both on and off road? Any wheel hop at starts? Ever drive at altitude and results?

I have two other vehicles that I DD but the Raptor would also be used for DD. Additionally, I would expect to take her offroad in the Midwest many times a year and head out West most likely twice a year for both desert runs and lighter rock crawling.

Cheers

Agent 00 L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have any personal experience with the SC but generally the tunes don't touch the Off Road Mode setting changes. Basically the tune you put in for the SC engine is there and the Off Road Mode changes things like shift points and throttle response things.

If you are near Indianapolis check into Fathouse Fabrications, they have done a bunch of SC installs on Mustangs and tuned a couple Raptors

rjgaumer

Reaction score
I have a supercharged roush 5.4 and its kick ass. 7psi and 400rwhp. Smokes 6.2's..

I live at 5000 ft and the tune was created at this elevation.

10/10 recommend it.