Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford SVT Raptor General Discussions [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford SVT Raptor General Discussions [GEN 1]

Please Help. Edelbrock Supercharger on 5.4L or not?

This is a discussion on Please Help. Edelbrock Supercharger on 5.4L or not? within the Ford SVT Raptor General Discussions [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Good day gentlemen and sorry to thread jack. I know there is a specific 5.4L Engine Thread but there are ...

User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RichPrince

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2018, 04:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Please Help. Edelbrock Supercharger on 5.4L or not?
Good day gentlemen and sorry to thread jack. I know there is a specific 5.4L Engine Thread but there are so very posts there anymore I thought I would give this area a shot. (higher visibility)

Long story short, I am curious if anyone has any long term experience with the Edelbrock E-Force SC? (first or even second hand knowledge appreciated)

After doing what I felt was an exhaustive search of these forums along with other places throughout the interwebs, I can only say that at best the "results" that I have found have basically been nonexistent. Best I found was a dyno run and a few posts - nothing really enlightening!

With that said ANY help would be appreciated gents.

Specifically:

1) ANYONE CAN ANSWER THIS ONE. Would you SC the 5.4L? And if not, what other HP options instead?

2) Where did you get your install done? Any problems you came across during the install? Cost?

3) Did you use the stock tune from Edelbrock? Why or why not? If not, who did your tune, cost? Any issues with mapping/timing/shifting/etc when in offroad mode? Any performance numbers? Boost, HP, Torque, etc.

4) Would you do it again? Durability? If not, what performance alternatives have you tried or would you prefer to try to get a little more from the 5.4L?

5) Any mods that you would do in addition to the SC (necessary to optional)? And the order in which you would do them?

6) What has your experience been with the SC both on and off road? Any wheel hop at starts? Ever drive at altitude and results?

I have two other vehicles that I DD but the Raptor would also be used for DD. Additionally, I would expect to take her offroad in the Midwest many times a year and head out West most likely twice a year for both desert runs and lighter rock crawling.

Cheers
smurfskier likes this.

RichPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 01:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I don't have any personal experience with the SC but generally the tunes don't touch the Off Road Mode setting changes. Basically the tune you put in for the SC engine is there and the Off Road Mode changes things like shift points and throttle response things.

If you are near Indianapolis check into Fathouse Fabrications, they have done a bunch of SC installs on Mustangs and tuned a couple Raptors

-2013 Terrain Supercrew, 35's, Black Methods, Icon UCA, WSI Leafs, Rigid Lights, Recon Winch
-2001 Silver Turbo Lightning, SCT Tuned by me.
Agent 00 L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 12:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I have a supercharged roush 5.4 and its kick ass. 7psi and 400rwhp. Smokes 6.2's..

I live at 5000 ft and the tune was created at this elevation.

10/10 recommend it.
rjgaumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 12:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

My 45ft Bluewater Party

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

GLRE first Raptor was 5.4 SC he drove the hell outa it.

Hockster is offline   Reply With Quote