Planned mods for my 2013 blue screw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorSteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Right away:

RPG Stage 3
Mid perch
Line-x or Bedrug
Tonneau Cover (Recommendations?)
Lighting solutions (having a hard time with this one, but leaning towards 40" LED behind grill, upper or lower mount?)

Future:

Bakbox
37" tires
GPS units
Radios

Comments?

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5star tune
CAI
Magnaflow catback

Line-x wheel wells as well

Great list...

DezRaceSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I think CAI is illegal in California, though my Mustang has one. I think it has to be a factory thing with CARB certificate.

What's the benefit to Line-x the wells other than the obvious?

Yes, if you get a CAI you do need one that has a CARB sticker. The benefit of Line-x is the obvious -you won’t have to tough up the paint from off-roading later on down the road, and the look of black wells look better.

As far as exhaust there are so many different ways you can go. But sense you are in Carlsbad I would look into RPM (Richard Performance Muffler) they are in Oceanside. Ask for Richard, I talked to him about the exhaust for when I receive my 2013 he said that he can do a custom exhaust from the cat back with magnaflows for $350. He also said they have had good performance gains from them. Good luck

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

Also I already bought a Rigid 40in. light bar and they are well worth the money. They are bright as :dancingpoop:. I bought one of those for $900 new off E-bay.

OP
OP
RaptorSteve

RaptorSteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, if you get a CAI you do need one that has a CARB sticker. The benefit of Line-x is the obvious -you won’t have to tough up the paint from off-roading later on down the road, and the look of black wells look better.

As far as exhaust there are so many different ways you can go. But sense you are in Carlsbad I would look into RPM (Richard Performance Muffler) they are in Oceanside. Ask for Richard, I talked to him about the exhaust for when I receive my 2013 he said that he can do a custom exhaust from the cat back with magnaflows for $350. He also said they have had good performance gains from them. Good luck

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

Also I already bought a Rigid 40in. light bar and they are well worth the money. They are bright as :dancingpoop:. I bought one of those for $900 new off E-bay.

Thanks, yeah, exhaust should be on that list somewhere.

Boricuaevo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely for me it would be right off the bat:

-Line-X
-Tint Window with the AirBlue 80 Front Windshield and sunroof tint
-Husky floor matts?

SWATraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im going with Line X bedliner, Tint all around, matte black hood down to grill, amsoil metal protection under body, weather tech sunshade, weathertech floor liners right away

OP
OP
RaptorSteve

RaptorSteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
im going with Line X bedliner, Tint all around, matte black hood down to grill, amsoil metal protection under body, weather tech sunshade, weathertech floor liners right away

That's a unique list I think. So do you spray the amsoil metal protection on to suspension parts etc? Or is it for protecting painted surfaces.

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

Definitely for me it would be right off the bat:

-Line-X
-Tint Window with the AirBlue 80 Front Windshield and sunroof tint
-Husky floor matts?

Yah, I'm leaning towards line-x'ing the bed. Do you guys know of anyone who did Line-x and then the bedrug? I'm torn. I guess it really boils down to how you're going to use the bed. e.g. Hauling appliances or camping equipment. I think it's going to be the latter for me.