Pickup pack vs cargo capacity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hilgerone

Reaction score
I currently have a highway products truckslide in my 2011 crew and am looking to add a their pickup pack toolbox/bed cover. The combination of the slide and toolbox will probably weight in at around 600-650#. Then once I add a couple hundred pounds of stuff I'll be nearing my 887# cargo capacity as listed on the door sticker. Is anyone else driving around up against the limit day in and day out? I've had the truck for 4 1/2 years and it's never been my daily work truck. My old beater that I usually do my day to day farming with is on its last leg so that's why I'm looking towards making the raptor my daily work truck. I don't do any off-roading aside from driving through fields. I don't hitch a trailer up much and if I do it's usually short local trips.

My plan B is an immaculate 2011 f250 powerstroke that that I could trade for at a local dealer (and walk away with a couple thousand bucks) Any thoughts and advice is appreciated.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

OP
OP
hilgerone

hilgerone

Reaction score
Since there is a 100 degree heat index I decided it would be a nice afternoon to load the back up with softener salt bags equalling what I would add with the above mentioned stuff. From completely empty to 680# it only dropped 2 inches at the bumper. That doesn't seem excessive to me. Might just need to adjust the headlights since I get bright flashed all the time the way it is.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk