Picking up my first raptor on Saturday!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm picking up my 2012 raptor this Saturday :) it has 50,000 miles and the dealer has offered me an extended warranty package for an additional 40,000 miles. Right now it has factory warranty until 60,000 miles, is it worth the extra $3500 in your personal opinions? Thanks everyone!

D

Deleted member 12951

Congrats on getting the raptor! Yeah that seems crazy high for just a powertrain warranty. Is that through a 3rd party warranty company or a true Ford ESP warranty? There is a big difference so make sure. Might be hard to tell depending how things were cleaned up but if it has not been off-road much then I wouldn't get it. Is it 100% stock or is there any mods installed? If the underside has been beat to shit then it might be worth considering. You should be able to negotiate that price and if not, look online and get quotes so you are prepared.

Also you need to post this in the New Member section instead of the General area to keep the moderators happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
X
Reaction score
That warranty is thru Ford, and it's a bumper to bumper, not just power train. The truck had a fair bit of mud underneath but didn't look like it was too abused, and the truck is 100% stock. I think it was mostly highway miles since 50,000 seems high for a '12. I'm also waiting on the dealer to send me all the maintenance records on the truck. And sorry about putting this in the wrong area, my first post haha

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That warranty is thru Ford, and it's a bumper to bumper, not just power train. The truck had a fair bit of mud underneath but didn't look like it was too abused, and the truck is 100% stock. I think it was mostly highway miles since 50,000 seems high for a '12. I'm also waiting on the dealer to send me all the maintenance records on the truck. And sorry about putting this in the wrong area, my first post haha

There is a good thread on warranties, basically you want it!

D

Deleted member 12951

I am not sure how the pricing is for something with high mileage but I purchased the Ford ESP premium extended warranty (highest level) till 125k and/or 7yrs for $1705 when the truck was at 11k. Increasing the deductible will lower the cost of the ESP. Again check online because a dealer will almost always screw you on warranty prices.

OP
OP
X
Reaction score
From what I've been told, svt vehicles in particular are expensive to repair, so I'm leaning towards the warrenty, I'll check that post out, thanks!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
morning..........

i purchased my extended plan for $2700 when i bought the truck new. they also offered it to me at $3500 to start but when i declined, they lowered it. this went about a couple times until i took the offer at $2700

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes it is high for the warranty. I purchased the same warranty with 11k miles on my 2013 just like Rick^ above and I paid $1800 for 125k miles. And as Noah stated they started around $3000 for me also. You can definitely negotiate them down in price. Oh and welcome and congrats on the new truck. Good luck with the warranty also.

OP
OP
X
Reaction score
Well when I put the deposit down I said I was undecided on the warrenty, when I pick it up next weekend I'll try and dicker with them a bit on the price. I also live in Canada not sure if that would make a difference in cost. They also said that if I buy the extended warrenty it takes effect immediately even tho I have remaining factory warrenty, it's just pro rated cheaper taking into account the remaining factory warrenty.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well when I put the deposit down I said I was undecided on the warrenty, when I pick it up next weekend I'll try and dicker with them a bit on the price. I also live in Canada not sure if that would make a difference in cost. They also said that if I buy the extended warrenty it takes effect immediately even tho I have remaining factory warrenty, it's just pro rated cheaper taking into account the remaining factory warrenty.

Well why didn't you say you lived in Canada of course everything is more money there. Lol.