Perch Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious, since we have the aero of a brick to start with. Has anyone who knew their gas mileage at stock perch, then went up, seen a drop in mileage? Just wondering if the nose up did anything, not that it would prevent us going to top perch.

TexasBob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May be speaking out of turn here but I noticed a 2 miles to the gallon drop when I went to raptor suspension on the XLT. No mods on the ecoboost otherwise, on mid perch, no gearing or tire change as of yet.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
May be speaking out of turn here but I noticed a 2 miles to the gallon drop when I went to raptor suspension on the XLT. No mods on the ecoboost otherwise, on mid perch, no gearing or tire change as of yet.

There is no out of turn here at FRF! Speak up :)

I have not gone to mid/high perch yet as I am waiting for the Geiser Bros progressive springs to arrive... however with my Titan when I leveled it out I lost about 1MPG to 1.5MPG.

Lifting the front changes the aerodynamics and you will see a drop in MPG.

Look at the current Fords and Chevy's and look how low they are in the front. Those air dams that give you about the same clearance as a Toyota Camry are part of the reason why they are getting decent MPG.

Do the mod and don't worry about the gas bill. It's a Raptor!

Last edited: