Payload Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2/3 of the weight on the trailer should be loaded in front of the center line of the trailer. Your three quads can not be 3000 pounds total. None of them weigh 1000 pounds alone. So your more like max 600 to 700 pounds each for a total of no more than 2100 pounds. You can load heavy to the front that's no more than 1400 pounds on the heavy side. And your tongue weight is probably about 600 pounds max would be a safe bet.. So don't load to much in the truck and your way under the max load cap, GCVW, GVWR and GAWR.. G=Gross C=combined V=Vehicle W=weight R=rating A=Axle all these are weight limits... And your front and rear axles have different ratings.. Use a weight distribution hitch and off you go..

The 500lb motorcycle in the bed might affect the payload too...

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Payload cap is a about 1100 pounds, the bike probably weighs in about 400 pounds empty and I am pretty sure your just about the limit or so... My honest concern would be the people I see trying to share the road at about 5 to 10 thousand pounds over maximum capacity. You have seen them I am sure towing cars and 40 foot trailers on the road rear end almost on the ground looking straight up and can not see the road in front of them. They figure if it will move then I am fine... Works great until they have to stop... Then its like a freight train and takes 2 and half miles to get stopped...Add the motorcycle to the trailer.. and haul ass...

Eco-Beast

Reaction score
Sorry to interrupt but that setup you have in the bed is nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the trailers springs cant handle the big quad in the rear. they hit the fenders over bumps. this trailer has the axle a little too far back than what i really want, but it was all i could find at the time. never got around to getting a new one. @Icecobra the total weight of the loaded trailer is 3,000lbs. 3 quads and gear and the trailer itself. but regardless, im only taking the bike. i got my friend to haul the trailer to is house for me. he is going to maintenence them and hold them until i come back.