Overland Journal & the Raptor - A match made in SVTOffroad heaven?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
over0.jpg

Guys I have been in contact with Overland Journal. If you're unfamiliar with this first class publication, I strongly encourage you to check them out. I doubt you'll find a finer periodical in terms of 4x4 expedition writing and photography. I think of them as the National Geographic of this genre. The quality of their stuff is that good.

They also run a Facebook page and will often give hints at upcoming features. One such feature currently in process is their trek over the American Emigrant Trail. Buried in many of the pictures they're posting... well take a look... you might notice something familiar :)

over1.jpg

over2.jpg

over3.jpg

over4.jpg

over5.jpg

over6.jpg

over7.jpg

over8.jpg

After seeing these, I reached out to the folks at Overland Journal asking about that familiar truck and...

Well with all that said, I am incredibly proud to announce that Overland Journal has not only invited us to participate actively on their forum, www.expeditionportal.com, but they've also given me permission to say that Yes! they are testing the Raptor for an upcoming feature! They've also said they'll be happy to share their impressions of the Raptor as an expedition vehicle with us here at SVTO, as well as provide us with some imagery from the trips they're taking with it and the testing they're putting it through. How cool is that??

So subscribe to this thread (and by all means feel free to comment within it as well). I'll definitely be keeping it updated as they update me. Also, I've heard rumor they might poke their head in here from time to time as well, so please be very sure to make them feel most welcome.

Thanks Overland Journal! Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!!

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very cool. I've heard of the Journal before, nothing but good things. Nice to know they are using a Raptor as an expedition vehicle.

I look forward to the updates on this thread.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Overland Journal is the best at expeditions - they do incredible trips and their stuff is inspirational for us offroaders.

Thanks Jason for making the link with them - it's a win-win!

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good find & good work. I have seen a little of their journal & I have always found it to well written.

Double Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very, very cool. I'm quite familiar with Overland Journal from when I owned a few FJ Cruisers. I'm extremely excited to see how this relationship plays out. :thumpsup2:

svt_sj410

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am a subscriber to Overland Journal and it is indeed a great magazine, maybe one the best in the world together with 4wdaction.com.au (in another style, I am also a subscriber...)
Maybe this is why I just built my "expedition" raptor too... I am just returning from a trip, here are a few pictures.

As I would like to discuss some topics more related to the expedition than the raptor, I will post further reports and pics in the expedition portal. Stay tuned!

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great pics! I'd really like to know what you've done to your Raptor (with pics :thumbsup: ) and where you've been. I like using my Raptor as much as possible and expeditions are a way to do that year 'round.