GEN 1 Overcharged A/C System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svt_ivan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any local A/C shops around the DFW area? I accidently overcharged my a/c system using the AC Cold Pro from oreillys. Haha.
Thanks in advance.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't have to be an automotive shop to do the work. Most commercial techs carry the fittings to put gauges on your truck. I would do it if I was closer.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most pros don't want to touch your AC system if you've put anything with leak sealer in there.

OP
OP
svt_ivan

svt_ivan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most pros don't want to touch your AC system if you've put anything with leak sealer in there.

Well shit...time to look for an amatueur. Haha. That really sucks tho, gonna do some shop searching this weekend.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't mention shit! Just say you want the gas reclaimed and recharged to factory charge! PERIOD!

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did the exact same thing to my wife's little Sentra, went to the OTHER auto parts store in town and bought a set of A/C gauges to bleed off the high side ;) For what somebody will charge you, and on the off chance that you'll use them again (I know I will, **** those A/C Pro bastards), you could get your own from like Harbor Freight:

https://www.harborfreight.com/ac-r134a-manifold-gauge-set-60806.html