Out their dam minds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Ruger, I love ya man, but there's nothing dishonest about what these dealers are doing. It's there in plain sight, stated up front, no hiding. They're free to ask whatever they want and we're free to buy it or not.

Dishonest would be trying to deceptively change the terms of an agreement or misrepresenting the vehicle in some way.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Didn't realize I'd start this kind of shit storm lmao

Ain't been around here long, have ya? ;)

MCR: Equally fond sentiments in return, sir, but on this we're going to disagree.

It doesn't matter to me what's being sold - a specialty truck, electronics, food, etc. What matters to me is that I pay a fair price for a decent product. It may surprise some, given my statements here, but I bought my 2011 SCAB for $41,000. I knew I could have gone $150 to maybe $250 deeper, but I wanted to be certain that I didn't cut into my young salesman's commission and I asked that specific question. I am an honest man and I prefer to deal with people who will treat me honestly. I believe that a fair deal should be everyone's goal on both sides of the negotiating table. Yes, I know, how one defines "fair" is subject to a lot of personal variables. I am entitled to a my own notions of fairness as much as anyone else, and I will act on those notions fairly aggressively. Values are nothing but narcissistic eyewash if they are abandoned when they become inconvenient. Now don't nobody get offended. These are MY values I'm talking about. If you disagree, that's dandy.

Yes, I'm a cranky old man. Chew well, then.

Last edited:

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The way I see it, everyone's truck is now worth more on the open market as this seem to be a national trend.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well Bobby, don't let an old phart (I'm trying to observe that this is a family site) fool ya. There's the occasional tussle here, but like this one the vast majority are good natured. On another Raptor-oriented site you can get banned for life for disagreeing with a moderator or even with a vendor. Not here, not ever, not for anything but just cause, and from what I've seen it takes a great deal of repeated bad judgment to get banned. You've only got 100 or so posts to your name, so take it from me that FRF is a positive, healthy, and astoundingly informative Internet home to drop anchor.

(Hey Raptizzle, how'd I do?) ;) ;) ;)

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I could get 65k for a truck vs 55k... I'd mark it up for 65k and wait till someone comes along willing to pay that.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2011 SCab with 43,000 miles and it's priced at $41,200. It's been there a month.

Depends entirely upon what factory options are on the truck. If no luxury package and no nav, then they're charging very close to 2011 MSRP. In other words, no depreciation over a three year span. That's not unheard of, but it's very rare and usually reserved for very exclusive six-figure sports cars.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

If I could get 65k for a truck vs 55k... I'd mark it up for 65k and wait till someone comes along willing to pay that.

You're ignoring the benefits of something that accountants and financial analysts call "good will" and they put a dollar value on it. I think you're also ignoring cash flow, but so be it.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i wish i could charge markup on stuff. but then people would turn to ebay and amazon. and i would be screwed. i see where you are coming from ruger. but i also see how the dealer markup is in plain sight, and that the choice to buy is only from the person who decides it to be in their budget to pay the extra markup.

Westside Offroad Group

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well Bobby, don't let an old phart (I'm trying to observe that this is a family site) fool ya. There's the occasional tussle here, but like this one the vast majority are good natured. On another Raptor-oriented site you can get banned for life for disagreeing with a moderator or even with a vendor. Not here, not ever, not for anything but just cause, and from what I've seen it takes a great deal of repeated bad judgment to get banned. You've only got 100 or so posts to your name, so take it from me that FRF is a positive, healthy, and astoundingly informative Internet home to drop anchor.

(Hey Raptizzle, how'd I do?) ;) ;) ;)

On the other forum I got half my posts deleted because I responded to a Canadian ****** who called me a "*****" with "terrible peripheral vision." Keep in mind, I'm not even Chinese/Japanese/Korean etc. Me round eye.