Only took 36k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ftroop

Reaction score
Had my truck for a few thousand miles now and with spring time comes fishing season so I went to pull the ranger bass boat out of storage and I notice something I thought was amazing. The hitch reciever was perfect and by perfect I mean it was rolling off the line perfect! That's all changed now I put a new all aluminum smitty hitch in her and off with the boat we went. I was very impressed with the towing. Confidence towwas similar to my f250 and the trailer sagged the truck maybe an inch.

OP
OP
Ftroop

Ftroop

Reaction score
Had my truck for a few thousand miles now and with spring time comes fishing season so I went to pull the ranger bass boat out of storage and I notice something I thought was amazing about my raptor. The hitch reciever was perfect and by perfect I mean it was rolling off the line perfect! That's all changed now I put a new all aluminum smitty hitch in her and off with the boat we went. I was just amazed no one ever used this truck to tow a thing. Definitely got a truck that was a garage queen in its past life...
As far as towing goes I was very impressed with the towing. Confidence towing was similar to my f250 and the trailer sagged the truck maybe an inch at best, which is better than I expected

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 135

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my truck for a few thousand miles now and with spring time comes fishing season so I went to pull the ranger bass boat out of storage and I notice something I thought was amazing about my raptor. The hitch reciever was perfect and by perfect I mean it was rolling off the line perfect! That's all changed now I put a new all aluminum smitty hitch in her and off with the boat we went. I was just amazed no one ever used this truck to tow a thing. Definitely got a truck that was a garage queen in its past life...
As far as towing goes I was very impressed with the towing. Confidence towing was similar to my f250 and the trailer sagged the truck maybe an inch at best, which is better than I expected

What do you mean runnin off the line perfect?

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think he means this is the first time he has used the hitch and it still looked like it just came off the assembly line.

I thought he meant that looking at the back up camera it was perfect off the line

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
She'll do just fine pulling that boat but I can tell you the Raptor is no F-250 when it comes to hauling and towing. When I haul a load of feed in the Raptor I definitely know it but hardly noticed I have a load in my F-250. Glad your enjoying your new ride!!

OP
OP
Ftroop

Ftroop

Reaction score
What do you mean rolling of the line perfect?

Ya I meant the hitch was brand new and never been used before. This was lottery the first time the truck had to tow something. It only took 36k miles.

BGRPTR14

Reaction score
I used to haul my Axis wake boat with my raptor and with fuel and gear I'd say the boat is around 5000 lbs. Raptor didn't struggle but you could tell the boat was there. Long trips fuel mileage tanked. But the bass boat should be no trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk