One Year of Ownership: Truck and Forum Review..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I picked up my 2011 Blue Scab on Halloween, 10/31/2011..a year + 1 day ago!!

History:

I will never forget reading a Yahoo Article back in 2009 regarding Ford's soon to be released Raptor. At first glance I was completely in love with everything they said it was going to be. I have always followed an unwritten rule of never buying a 1st year production vehicle as the bugs have not been worked out....so I had my sights set for a 2011.

I started my search last summer and ran into the standard Ahole dealerships that knew very little about the truck OTHER than the fact that they wanted MSRP + for one. After a bit of work and great timing, I landed a Local dealership that would order me a 2011 at pure Invoice! Deposit given and 3 months later (10/31/2011) Big Blue was in my garage.

Then the mods began....Like most of you nuts...It's easy to add lots of goodies to our Trucks. Based on my purchases, I figure I dropped another $10k on top of the purchase price...BUT, I have made Big Blue mine and love everything I have done with Zero regrets.

The Truck has been flawless! No issues or problems of any kind. She has 7,000 miles on her and I love to drive it everyday. I beleive you should drive a vehilce the way the factory intended. Just like I take my blown Z06 to the dragstrip, I really look forward to doing some serious offroading and have signed up for my first Raptor Run @ Snoball 500 this January and am very excited to attend.

This forum: What a great place to get knowledge and share info. I assume I speak for many when I say, without this site, I would have been clueless to many issues and required reads. Equally, I feel an obligation to share my knowledge and experiences with others, so they can benefit just as I have.

Raptor Owners: We have already had 1 Chicago meet and are planning another in a few weeks. The Raptor owners I have met are all Great guys and seem to appreciate most of the same things I do. Looking forward to building on these relationships.

Vendors: I have bought lots of things from the FRF vendors and have found all of them to be very professional and fair with their pricing and I expect to continue using them as often as possible.

In closing, I would like to thank this forum, the vendors and members for making me feel like part of the family. I would like to thank Ford for making the most badass pick-up on the planet!!!

I love Big Blue. :patriot:

Day 1 pic and 1 year later:
raptor1.jpg
DSC00147.jpg

Last edited:

RaptorSteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup, I agree on all points. I said in another thread...I've had my Mustang for 4 years and it's still bone stock. I love it the way it is. I haven't got the mod fever that other Bullitt owners said I would. But with the Raptor...OMFG...I have the plague!

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Nice write up Blue, glad the forum has played a positive role in your ownership.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Blue:

Nice write-up. Trucks looking great. This site is way better than you know what. I've learned tons more and the atmosphere is much more to my liking. Even with Fred. :lol2:

I know what you mean. My shop is more excited about my truck than I am.

I'm being pulled to the "dark side", my friends and neighbors aren't gonna know what to think when I wind up with one of these trucks...

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blue:

Nice write-up. Trucks looking great. This site is way better than you know what. I've learned tons more and the atmosphere is much more to my liking. Even with Fred. :lol2:

I know what you mean. My shop is more excited about my truck than I am.

Any word on the Port of Baltimore being operational?