One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Curious about one of the options in the fuel consumption readout. There's 5/10/15/30 minutes of history to calculate the MPG, but also another one that says "last 5 resets." WTF does that even mean? Does that keep the memory going permanently until the sixth reset?

That's for that screen, it'll show bar graphs of the average over those periods of time. I personally keep it on last 5 resets, and every time I fill up I reset the mpg, and that bar graph then shows me the average I got on the last 5 tanks. The average mpg itself is something independent of what you pick on that screen.

Hard to describe, but the numbers will show the average from the time you reset it onwards, that memory keeps on going independent of what setting you have the bar graph at. THe bar graph will show you the avg mpg in those 5/10/15/30 minute increments, or of the last 5 resets (which if you reset every tank, will be the last 5 tanks).

Also there's another option under settings to include trailer towing in the fuel history. THen it knows when a trailer is hooked up, the mpg estimate to empty will be more accurate.

whipplesaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's for that screen, it'll show bar graphs of the average over those periods of time. I personally keep it on last 5 resets, and every time I fill up I reset the mpg, and that bar graph then shows me the average I got on the last 5 tanks. The average mpg itself is something independent of what you pick on that screen.

Hard to describe, but the numbers will show the average from the time you reset it onwards, that memory keeps on going independent of what setting you have the bar graph at. THe bar graph will show you the avg mpg in those 5/10/15/30 minute increments, or of the last 5 resets (which if you reset every tank, will be the last 5 tanks).

Also there's another option under settings to include trailer towing in the fuel history. THen it knows when a trailer is hooked up, the mpg estimate to empty will be more accurate.

Ah thanks for explaining that. I'm going on day 3 with the truck. I know I'm getting old now because everything seems new fangled.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ya the 5 min and 30 are mainly for off road so you know how much you are using on particular sections. ya no finish the race.

Bmw91m5

Reaction score
My experience this weekend with a 6x10 trailer pulling a Polaris Ranger 275 miles one way with my Roush Raptor....just over 8 mph....mileage sucks but the smiles are forever....

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My experience this weekend with a 6x10 trailer pulling a Polaris Ranger 275 miles one way with my Roush Raptor....just over 8 mph....mileage sucks but the smiles are forever....

What??? I pulled my 24 enclosed 2200 miles and avg 11.1...

siooss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the purpose of the light blue horizontal line, between the 0 and 30 lines, in the fuel economy instant MPG screen?