One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svtfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done two fill ups since I got it new a few weeks ago and its seems to only wanna get about 13.5mpg. I am starting to think those 15-17mpg numbers just dont exist either LOL

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How does anybody drive this beast with a study foot when you know you have 400+ horsepower? This is not a Prius! It's made to be romped & stomped on!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does anybody drive this beast with a study foot when you know you have 400+ horsepower? This is not a Prius! It's made to be romped & stomped on!
good question, i dont know how NOT to drive like that. i was just offering up ideas to the poor guy who wanted more mpg.....

cvalue

Reaction score

Let's be clear: I'm not complaining about 12mpg because it's 12mpg; I'm just wondering how other people, who claim to drive no differently, do 17mpg instead of 12mpg!

All else being equal, I'll take 17 instead of 12 any day; just not sure all else is equal.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only way my truck will get 17 mpg, is when it's on a trailer being tolled a 25 mph by Volkswagon TDI, down a very steep incline. I'm very skeptical when I see 17 mpg for a whole tank of fuel. They do call that display "Lie Of Meter" for a reason. My LOM says I average 13.1 mpg, but when I calulate it the old fashion way it's around 12.6 mpg.

Last edited:

Fozzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know the 3 things guys lie about most ,
1. How big their Johnson is
2. How much they paid for their truck
3. How many MPG their truck gets

I wish I had a big Johnson and got good gas mileage in my $30K Raptor. :)

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You know the 3 things guys lie about most ,
1. How big their Johnson is
2. How much they paid for their truck
3. How many MPG their truck gets

I wish I had a big Johnson and got good gas mileage in my $30K Raptor. :)

1. Big enough to get to the honey hole and get my rod in quickly!
2. $55k + tags
3. 11.5 MPG

Lies require too much thinking!! :sunot:

svtfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im good with the 13.5mpg as well. Driving it like an old lady negates getting the raptor in the 1st place. I was just skeptical of the others numbers too..

Love my truck!