One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It will just keep averaging out overall. If you want an average per fill up, reset it.

On a side note, for the past 3 years when filling up the miles to empty has fluctuated from around 380-415 miles at best. Last week I fill up and the it reads 545 to empty. It stayed that way and didn't drop significantly ove the past 2 weeks. Even my son noticed the large increase from the normal 380-415 fill up range to the 545 mile. Anyone got a clue?

If you had a lot of highway miles on the last tank of gas before you filled up it will change the miles to empty.

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you had a lot of highway miles on the last tank of gas before you filled up it will change the miles to empty.

It always seems to fluctuate when filling up the tank but this time around it showed huge jump of over 140 miles more compared to what it normally shows. And no highway miles, just to and from work.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a side note, for the past 3 years when filling up the miles to empty has fluctuated from around 380-415 miles at best. Last week I fill up and the it reads 545 to empty. It stayed that way and didn't drop significantly ove the past 2 weeks. Even my son noticed the large increase from the normal 380-415 fill up range to the 545 mile. Anyone got a clue?

On a much smaller scale I can see it between when I fill up after having a tank of 13.9 or 14.0 it will say expected mileage between 484 and 497, but recently I filled up after getting a tank of 14.6 and it was 526. Generally though I find myself filling up at about 460 miles regardless.

Bigeffr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got back from TN (Fall Creek Falls) towing my Airstream 25' Flying Cloud and got between 9.5 and 10 driving speed limit +2-3mph. About 6000 pounds of trailer so I was pretty happy with mileage since I get about 12.5 city/15.5 hwy normally.