One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MS Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After looking at these posts my mpg is 13.5. I use premium gas or non ethanol. I have a Supercab and usually just me with no passenger. The most I have averaged on the interstate is 15. I have not done any mods to the truck besides an upgraded stereo system. I currently have 7000 miles on it. I live in MS which is flat and no big hills.
I do not drive the truck over the posted speed limits because of all the traffic cops around here preying on everyone.
Any suggestions to get better mileage?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After looking at these posts my mpg is 13.5. I use premium gas or non ethanol. I have a Supercab and usually just me with no passenger. The most I have averaged on the interstate is 15. I have not done any mods to the truck besides an upgraded stereo system. I currently have 7000 miles on it. I live in MS which is flat and no big hills.
I do not drive the truck over the posted speed limits because of all the traffic cops around here preying on everyone.

I have a K&N CAI and feel as if it has done something for mileage, also a little better performance but that might just be me

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Try some e-15 I'd tell you to use e-30 because that is what I use but the gas cap says to stay under e-20
It's Imposable for me to keep my foot out of it but I get 13-14 average. Get it up to speed let off so it shifts into the high trans gear. Also let off the gas and coast to the stop my mods are in signature.

Bar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Los Angeles to Vegas - 14.2
Vegas to Vail, CO - 15.4

All highway at 75-80. I was impressed with the second leg of the trip. Vail to Kansas City will be on Friday.

peepsnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hagyzy5u.jpg

Just filled up and drove 20 miles without hitting a light at 45mph

Was heading home from work and construction forced me to take city streets. Thought I was going to be below 10mpg.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think I have a problem. Up until fairly recently, my 2011 SCAB would routinely get 15.5 MPG in town and 16.5 to 17.0 on long distance trips. Now I'm very lucky to break 15.0 in town, and 15.5 on the highway. Same driver, same driving habits.

I am feeling a little "growl" type vibration through the pedal and the floorboards now, and I think something is dragging. Wheel bearings? U-Joints? I jacked up the front yesterday and spun the wheels with the tires on, and didn't feel or hear anything unusual.

Anybody with a Repair Manual: How do you check the wheel bearings and the U-Joints for excessive friction? Any other ideas?

This is a 2011 Raptor, 6.2L, with factory wheels and tires, 47,000 miles. I have replaced the fluids in the whole driveline, have installed the Mag-Hytec rear differential cover, and have installed the aFe transmission pan. New Amsoil fluids used throughout. I think the problem has to be mechanical.

It was an O2 sensor. It just took a while for it to throw the code. Replaced under warranty by the dealer. The odd thing was that the dealership didn't have the sensor in inventory and had to go to a local supplier to get one. Given that O2 sensors live in hell and have a high failure rate compared to other sensors, I think that's pretty odd.

Last edited:

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just returned from a round trip from home to Portland, Oregon. This was a distance of 462 miles and I averaged 15.2 miles per gallon. My speed was approximately 72 mph. My truck also stated that I was 92 miles to E. That would be 554 mile on one tank of 93 octane premium Chevron gas. Not bad, not bad at all...

Towerhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive never reset my Trip A. My average for the life of my truck is 11.9 mpg. 565 gals for 6650 miles. I do mostly urban/town driving with occasional trips on the highway.