One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCelebs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just swapped it out for a Flowmaster 50 series. not sure how much it helps but i would have to try really hard to get as bad gas mileage as i did when i got the truck. i'm sure break in has a lot to do with it.

Less with the JDM tune in it?

Are you running a tune anymore? Seems to me the tune should have helped the mpg out.

Jeff

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
I just dragged my trailer through the Sierras and up to Reno today. I got 12.7 with the empty trailer on the way up and 13.7 on the way home.

IMG_2965.jpg

IMG_2973.jpg

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just dragged my trailer through the Sierras and up to Reno today. I got 12.7 with the empty trailer on the way up and 13.7 on the way home.

You picked the right day to travel- it looks like crap up there (and here) today.

My overall average is 16.4 for highway & in town.

I have also found that if you run over 70, the mileage drops like a rock. My 08 F-150 (and every other F series I have had) was the same way.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
wow, I never get mileage others do, seems all my trucks lack there. around town 11.4-maybe 12, towing 9-10mp

** does everyone think the computer is accurate?

IRONMAN

Reaction score
wow, I never get mileage others do, seems all my trucks lack there. around town 11.4-maybe 12, towing 9-10mp

See I do a lot of stop light to stop light driving and idling so I was getting around 11 to 11.5. I just installed the 5star tune with the 91 fuel efficiency tune and I'm now getting 13 to 13.5 which is awesome for me.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score

The computer is Ford/microsoft based. Do you trust either of them?

Bro - if ya really want the facts, you're gonna have to do the miles and record what you put in it. Kinda like the good ole days when we had to figure it out on paper... Me, I don't care as my gas is a company write off - but it'd be interesting to see how other members here keep records of fill-ups vs. miles driven.

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score

You picked the right day to travel- it looks like crap up there (and here) today.

My overall average is 16.4 for highway & in town.

I have also found that if you run over 70, the mileage drops like a rock. My 08 F-150 (and every other F series I have had) was the same way.

I knew we had weather coming and that yesterday was the best shot this week.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
5.4 average 10.5-11 in winter with E5 rated fuel for cold climate areas
average 14-17 sumertime with A5 rated fuel for warmer times

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had mine for about 11,800 miles. I've averaged 13.3mpg for the entire ownership of the truck.

In the winter I get about 10 in town and 16 on the highway. Never really had it in the summer, but when it was warmer here, I got about 13 in the city and 16-17 on the highway.