One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCelebs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Averaged 15.4 on the way home from Blacksburg VA to Virginia Beach. Avg speed of about 70. Pretty much all highway.

1000 miles on the truck. Not too bad, we'll see if a tune makes a difference in the coming months.

Lucky14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I filled up today and reset the computer and then went about 20 miles on relatively empty freeway. I averaged 16.8 MPG. Interesting...

bruceboyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got a solid 17.2 on a 180 mile round trip. mostly highway- some of it was 35-50mph with stop lights. i dunno. all i can think of is the CAI, muffler and synthetic. i couldn't get better than 11.7 when I first got the truck. I got like 9 when I had the JDM tune in :rolleyes:
Hey Birdman: I have a 6.2 and am getting 10.7 (for last 300 miles).!! Your post says you did CAI, muffler and synthetic. Please could you tell me what you did to the muffler? Thanks.

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
I just dragged my car trailer down to the Bay area today to help a buddy take his car up to a local shop for engine repairs. I averaged 14 MPG's with the empty trailer (still over 2200 pounds) on the roughly 125 miles down. On the way home, I was getting just over 13 MPG's on the strictly freeway portion of the trip... that's towing over 5500 pounds of trailer and Mustang. Including the city driving and a little traffic, I got 12 MPG's for the entire trip. This thing kicks ass for towing!

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Hey Birdman: I have a 6.2 and am getting 10.7 (for last 300 miles).!! Your post says you did CAI, muffler and synthetic. Please could you tell me what you did to the muffler? Thanks.

i just swapped it out for a Flowmaster 50 series. not sure how much it helps but i would have to try really hard to get as bad gas mileage as i did when i got the truck. i'm sure break in has a lot to do with it.

spot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did a 800 mile trip and the truck now has about 1900 miles on it. the mileage is creeping up slowly. Average on the trip was 14 mixed highway and country roads.
Not as good as my EB but better than my 78 big bronco. We'll see how it improves as the breakin miles add up.