One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I once tried to get better gas mileage by staying of the lout pedal, lasted about seven minutes.
Had a screaming fit and stomped on it ...
A cop, in the process of writing a ticked to some poor soul, looked at me shaking his head... (my truck is known)
I learned my lesson: drive it like it is a Raptor and enjoy :)

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I didn't know we had so many dusche bags. If your not interested why even bother looking at the post. Maybe if some of you worked harder and only worried about things that concern you, you could pay cash for your raptor. My payments are $0 what are yours. As I said, it's not about the money. If it were I wouldn't have just ordered my second one.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Econ

Refer to previous post. Gonna have to get some thicker skin if you plan on hanging around here.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use to tell people my Jeep Cherokee was hard on gas but did not really understand what hard on gas really was till I bought the Raptor. Best I have seen so far was on a Highway trip 12.1 mpg and it takes nearly $200 to fill it up in my area.

abrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think i have been drivin like a pussay this past week, I have been gettin 14.2mpg. But i also got 2 tickets in less than 30 days before that......whoops

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use e-30 ethanol

Wilson, did you hear the latest new? Ethanol causes more global warning the regular gasoline! I read that and you know what, I could learn to like ethanol. I pride myself in a large carbon footprint.

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

my local grocery store is 2 blocks away. sometimes i walk there

You can't beat the backseat of the supercrew for hauling grocery bags. I'd drive the 2 blocks, AC and cooled seats on full. That's reason enough right there to get a Raptor supercrew.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just find Prius parked in the street and drive around the block a couple hundred times, honk each pass too.

TurboEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know how people get these 14mpg averages really. Probably reset the thing and run it on the highway 15min. Let it average two or three tankfuls and report back lol.

Anything above 12 is already starting to sound like "yeah right, ok" hehehe.