One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skippington

Reaction score
How are you people getting 13-16? I'm running 87-91 (no difference) and averaging 11. I didn't read all 100 + pages here, but man....... I'm getting 13 only downhill in neutral.

Magnum PI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran a 600 mile trip from Chicago in May to Minnesota to do some fishing. Set cruse control at 70 mph. Averaged 15.3 on 87 octane. Shit if you drive 55 you should get 17 or more maybe. I can't drive 55 I would die of boredom. I usually cruse 80 and get a little over 13. It all depends on elevation, temp, flat, mountain roads, what kind of tires different brands weigh more or less, chase racks, bumpers and octane ext. I run method 17 and they are lighter then stock also a back flip. I'm not going to say its a huge improvement but I did notice a little bit of gain in mpg.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I seem to get about a mpg better with ethanol free gas plus with 91 octane you get the advertised 411 hp vs 401. I think another factor is aftermarket exhaust. I know my MBRP catback is supposed to improve mpg also.

AlexRiedel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cruising around CA I average 13-14. Doing the same in Oregon I get 15-16. Chevron and same octane grade in both cases. CA has more ethanol AFAIK

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk