One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a new '14 Scab.
Most of my mileage has been on the hwy with varied speeds.
On a 700 mile round trip to AZ then back to CA, I was averaging 14.7 mpg at 75 -80 mph.
Today I went to pick up my Bak Flip F1 cover and I wanted to test what the average mpg would be based on 60 mph on the hwy.
I was shocked by the results.
Driving 60 mph on the hwy will get you damn near killed though.

Attachments

• IMG_2503.jpg
    IMG_2503.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 57

JohnGash

Reaction score
Picked up my 2013 SCREW exactly one year ago. Thought I’d share my experiences and data.

Before buying the Raptor, more out of boredom than anything else, I drove to try to get the highest mpg possible, within reason. As I was evaluating the Raptor purchase, I followed this thread closely and created spreadsheets to estimate annual fuel costs, etc.

Then I drove my Raptor off the lot and within minutes, I could really give a flip about mpg, to be honest. She’s a thirsty beast and I happily serve California’s finest (91 octane). But in the spirit of contributing back to forum, here’s my first year data, with some context.

My driving mix goes something like-
- 50% highway- gently curving with moderate elevation changes
- 30% winding country roads- with occasional stop signs and hills
- 15% in town
- 3% stop and go / city
- 1% light towing
- 1% moderately high speed offroad

My driving behavior is just a tad over the speed limit in town and on the country roads. I don’t push it too hard off the line… generally just a bit quicker than the general flow of traffic. On the highway, about half in the 68mph range and about half in the 74mph range. Zero cargo weight and probably two-thirds of the miles are me alone.

Stats
- 16,895 miles
- 13.82 mpg (solely based on computer with zero manual validation)
- 43.14 miles per hour average

Observations from keeping an eye on dash-

- Driving 68mph on a flat piece of road with no wind, passengers or cargo, I’d estimate 16.0mpg

- I didn’t notice a breaking in period where mileage got better (except maybe the after the first 150 miles or so)

- No difference between winter and summer gas, that I could tell

- No difference when I put on a hard cover (added weight, possibly reduced drag)

- Big difference when I push speed over 70mph… seems like an accelerating negative effect at higher speeds

- Moderate net negative impact to gain / lose elevation v. flat

- I’m sure passenger weight is a negative, but hasn’t been big enough for me to notice.

Hope this helps….

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love how every tail starts with I was going to see what I could get for mileage then I drove it and **** on it this thing is fun to drive lol

whoisbigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright... I'm in. Had truck 3 weeks, averaging about 12.8 city and highway. I put cruise control on today at 70 mph and drove 50 miles to work on highway... 17.5 mpg :burnout:

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, there is only a 11.5 mile difference on my trip B and my odometer as I have never reset it. I've been following it since around the 5,000 mile mark since I purchased the '12 SCREW slightly used. So far here are the results. Total odo is 30984 miles with Trip B showing 706 hours 2136 gallons used, 972.5 miles with an average of 14.4 mpg. A quick calculator check shows a 14.5 mpg? But honestly it's mostly to work, to home, to work, to home, ooooh look a mud hole!, to work, to home, R/R tracks!!!!!, to work....etc. Currently I say I fall in the 90% on road daily driver category.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I drive tons of city miles in my suburban , my lifetime average button says 13.2. Looks like the raptor shouldn't cost me much extra in fuel.