ok, so what are the differences?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87MJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that I have this thing, I have been curious about the differences between the raptor and Ford's other trucks. I am not talking about the obvious visible things like the body panels or suspension components. But more the brakes/drivetrain.

Please pardon my ignorance. My last Ford was a '93 SHO and my SHO was slightly different than this raptor.

The 6.2, is it the exact engine they put in the F250/F350 or did they change anything? I think the "Harley" version can get a 6.2 but I am not sure.

The 6 speed tranny? Are there any known differences or is it in other F150's?

The axles are obviously different due to the width. I assume the front diff must be unique or at least the ones with the Torsen LSD would be. Is the rear diff raptor unique?

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. There are lots of threads and information on this forum and others with what you are looking for. Changes to the truck are many to make it a Raptor. Gearing, electronics, suspension and much more. Are you looking for a Raptor? If so maybe go and test drive one and feel the difference. Truck is amazing to drive and when you do a few mods to your liking it is even better. Sorry for the generalities but the truck is a lot different than an OEM F150. Good luck with your search.

Sorry, I did not see where you have a Raptor already. Still do some research and you will find what you are looking for..

Bluoval1118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know on the 6.2 in the Raptor, the valve seats in the heads are harder than the ones in the F250-F350. I found this out when ordering the new engine. I know its only a minor detail.

OP
OP

87MJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeez noob.......

I knew I would get crap. I just thought it would be from birdman. :laughing1:
Ok, let me rephrase the question. Please try to keep up. I was curious from a manufacturer's standpoint how much of the "Raptor stuff" was borrowed from other product lines. I am slightly **** about things like that.

For example, while I know axles are 6" wider than the others, is it the only truck that used that rear diff or did they also use it in the 250/350? Raptor is not the only Ford truck with electronic lockers & 4.10 gears, right? I assume they didnt design that tranny specifically and only for the raptor. That would be far too expensive from a manufacturing standpoint.