Oilfield Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought my rig about a week ago (2011 White screw) specifically to run around the great Marcellus and Utica shales here in PA/OH/WV. Absolute perfect vehicle for the oil and gas fields. I can haul around myself and up to 4 full grown men in comfort, any weather, any terrain. Awesome!

Sent via Tapatalk 4 for Android

GoMuscles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed the Raptor is the ultimate Rig Rocket. But wouldn't a diesel be more economical considering the access the average rig hand has to cheap diesel, if you know what I mean.

Ya until they catch you and slap you with a 10K fine... not to mention probably get run off too.

canviper

Reaction score
Agreed the fine is huge and not worth getting fired for. But man the Gallons of diesel I have seen borrowed from many rig locations back in the day would make your head spin. Not sure if it's still like that I have not worked in Canada since 2007. But if I ever did come back I would buy a Raptor.

GhostInTheMachine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Canadian oilfield worker checking in. A pal and myself both roll roush charged raptors at work.

My plan is to keep my truck forever and maintain it. It's perfect for work. Once I pay it off I will buy another roush raptor for "days out". I came out of a 2012 Eco and there's no comparison.

I'm a maintenance supervisor and he's a jman carpenter.

How's it going fellas?

canviper

Reaction score
Hey Ghost where did you buy your Roush Raptor from. Was the Roush allready on the truck before or after you bought it. Just doing some research.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Counted about 12 Fords on site today ranging from F150 to 550 and a few Rams thrown in for good measure. Guess who was most popular :D

tusugusa.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk 4 for Android

Stealthf1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know Talismans drilling sups were rolling around their drill sites in plain work truck white Raptors, afew of them chose the other option though they had Silverado Z71s.