Oil Change info???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wife has an FX35 with a 3.5L 280HP DOHC V6.

The oil filter that comes stock on that vehicle is the same oil filter I used on my 1.3L 145HP Motorcycle engine. It's very small considering the size of the engines mentioned. It's either too large for the motorcycle, or too small for the car (or just right, who knows - the sumps were surprisingly close in quantity on both applications)

However, there is an upsize filter that works on both applications and I always get the larger filter when its available and it makes me feel better when we do 7500 OCI's on the Infiniti.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wife has an FX35 with a 3.5L 280HP DOHC V6.

The oil filter that comes stock on that vehicle is the same oil filter I used on my 1.3L 145HP Motorcycle engine. It's very small considering the size of the engines mentioned. It's either too large for the motorcycle, or too small for the car (or just right, who knows - the sumps were surprisingly close in quantity on both applications)

However, there is an upsize filter that works on both applications and I always get the larger filter when its available and it makes me feel better when we do 7500 OCI's on the Infiniti.

Nacho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with XRJ 100%You can have a great long lasting oil, but the filter is the key. If you have an "el cheapo" filter, you pretty much HAVE to change the oil on the filters schedule. I did my first oil change at 6k. (a bit much for the factory oil). Used Castrol Syntec (the best they have at the PX here) and a Fram Extra guard (Couldnt find the "tough Guard") I should be good for another 6k. but i'll bump that down to 5k or 4k since driving here in Germany, i go longer distances and do alot of traveling. Not to mention the hills i gotta climb and high speed autobahn driving. (cruising speed is an avg of 80 mph.)

Whats good oil worth if you have a crappy filter? Its like hooking up a $2,000 Blu Ray player to a $10 tv.

Nacho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with XRJ 100%You can have a great long lasting oil, but the filter is the key. If you have an "el cheapo" filter, you pretty much HAVE to change the oil on the filters schedule. I did my first oil change at 6k. (a bit much for the factory oil). Used Castrol Syntec (the best they have at the PX here) and a Fram Extra guard (Couldnt find the "tough Guard") I should be good for another 6k. but i'll bump that down to 5k or 4k since driving here in Germany, i go longer distances and do alot of traveling. Not to mention the hills i gotta climb and high speed autobahn driving. (cruising speed is an avg of 80 mph.)

Whats good oil worth if you have a crappy filter? Its like hooking up a $2,000 Blu Ray player to a $10 tv.