OEM Fox Shock Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is just under 40K miles currently. Suspension still rides nicely.

I called my local dealer service dept and asked them whether a shock rebuild in the future would be covered under my extended plan. They told me that as long as it's an OEM component, it will be serviced and rebuilt under warranty.

While that sounded great, I don't know if the service guy totally comprehended by question. I've spoken to service and Ford reps that "didn't know much about Raptors" before.

Have any of you had experiences rebuilding or servicing the Fox Shocks under warranty or extended plans?

Thanks

David

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My truck is just under 40K miles currently. Suspension still rides nicely.

I called my local dealer service dept and asked them whether a shock rebuild in the future would be covered under my extended plan. They told me that as long as it's an OEM component, it will be serviced and rebuilt under warranty.

While that sounded great, I don't know if the service guy totally comprehended by question. I've spoken to service and Ford reps that "didn't know much about Raptors" before.

Have any of you had experiences rebuilding or servicing the Fox Shocks under warranty or extended plans?

Thanks

David
they dont rebuild them. they replace them. and only if they are leaking. the seals can be blown internally, but not leak and therefore wont be replaced.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes, mine was covered under warranty, but only the one that was leaking. you can tell they are bad if your truck is bouncing over bumps more than it normally should. i had the other 3 rebuilt since they werent replaced

OP
OP
RaptorEnthusiast

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, mine was covered under warranty, but only the one that was leaking. you can tell they are bad if your truck is bouncing over bumps more than it normally should. i had the other 3 rebuilt since they werent replaced

hmmm ok thanks. And how would I (when the time came) get my shocks rebuilt if not through the dealer?

how much does it cost?

Thanks

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
cost depends on where you go. since i was in sacremento i stopped in to visit my ROC friends and had them rebuilt there. you can also ship them in as they do an exchange program. the only ones who do an exchange program that i know of. that means you are not down without a truck. @m3dragon can fill you in on the price as mine were done a while ago

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sense we started the shock rebuilding we have learned a LOT about the FOX 2.5 shocks. They are capable of a lot more performance than people think.

For price and other go to www.werebuildshocks.com. Site was made to make things easier for all to see options and upgrades. You can also sign up for the exchange program as well.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sense we started the shock rebuilding we have learned a LOT about the FOX 2.5 shocks. They are capable of a lot more performance than people think.

For price and other go to www.werebuildshocks.com. Site was made to make things easier for all to see options and upgrades. You can also sign up for the exchange program as well.

I called and waiting for them to contact me. that's the way to go. original factory warranty may cover replacement but none of extended warranties would.

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When did you call?

I was there Tuesday and all 11 shocks we have in the exchange program came back at once. A lot of them needed to be refinished as well so I know Paul is SLAMMED trying to get them in and out.