OBA, I need help with deciding which on board air system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The hornblasters 540 kit is a great system. It's not a direct install but the horns can be fairly easily installed in a few different locations. The 5 gallon tank is large but great if you want to run an impact to swap a tire real quick or refilling tires after airing down.

I had the 540 kit and so did @Hole Shot off the top of my head. I'd recommend it to anyone.

If you want some pricing, just let me know.

freedommotorsports.us

Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love my kit the only issue I had was finding a place to mount the 5 gallon tank, it's really big. I recently totalled my truck so I'm reinsalling it on my new truck. I'm thinking of buying two 2.5 gallon tanks and mounting them on the frame rails because the 5 gal is just too large to mount anywhere out of sight. Tire carrier area is a good spot also. But I have plans for that area.

OP
OP
M

mstennes

Reaction score
Here's one more photo. 4mm thick aluminum panel folded into shape, very strong yet light weight. I have access to a metal fabrication shop so it's not very hard but still time consuming to get the size right... not perfectly made but good enough to be useful.

The ARB compressor is great for my purpose, filling up tires/air mattress etc... not running any big air tools. ARB makes great compressor. Have a CKMA12 (single compressor version) on my JK, that one has seen a lot of abuse in 8 years, still running as day one.

Ok, I just looked at this on my PC, that is exactly what I'm wanting to do! What is the front panel? I bent the front of my box, which I'm going to be fixing here when it warms up so I can take my canopy off. That looks to be a solution to it bending again, as well as another support for the shelf I plan on making to cover the spare tire and my floor jack. I think that there is enough room on the other side of my tire I could mount a 5 gallon tank, or maybe two smaller ones? What are those mounts for the ax and shovel? Do the make one for a high lift?

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I just looked at this on my PC, that is exactly what I'm wanting to do! What is the front panel? I bent the front of my box, which I'm going to be fixing here when it warms up so I can take my canopy off. That looks to be a solution to it bending again, as well as another support for the shelf I plan on making to cover the spare tire and my floor jack. I think that there is enough room on the other side of my tire I could mount a 5 gallon tank, or maybe two smaller ones? What are those mounts for the ax and shovel? Do the make one for a high lift?

All panels are 4mm thick aluminum, the edge is folded, then reinforced with weld in aluminum bars at the back, very strong. One of the advantages with panel is that you can bolt anything to it.

Those mounts are Quick Fist Clamps. They have varies sizes. No problem to secure a high lift. I have seen them on Jeeps.