OBA, I need help with deciding which on board air system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mstennes

Reaction score
Ok, I have searched here, and a few other truck forums as well as some jeep ones, here is what I have narrowed it down to, I just can't decided which one, ARB's CKMTA12, which would need a tank, VIAIR's Dual 444COBA, and KLEINN's
VELO-OBA650, which is supposed to be vehicle specific for 09-15 F-150's. This seemed to be a pretty straight forward choice, but has been anything but. Which is the best setup/unit, and if any of you have one of these where did you mount it? I'm sort of thinking where the spare tire was?
Thanks in advance!!
ETA; I hope I put this in the right forum? If not sorry.

OP
OP
M

mstennes

Reaction score
ARB CKMTA12... on home made rack

I like that rack, I've been trying to come up with something to mount my high lift jack, shovel and jack handle to. You wouldn't happen to have anymore? How did you mount it? I was thinking of some aluminum strips 4 inches wide or so, mounted to the top of the bed rail and bottom, yours seems allot more usefull. What do you think of the ARB compressor?

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's one more photo. 4mm thick aluminum panel folded into shape, very strong yet light weight. I have access to a metal fabrication shop so it's not very hard but still time consuming to get the size right... not perfectly made but good enough to be useful.

The ARB compressor is great for my purpose, filling up tires/air mattress etc... not running any big air tools. ARB makes great compressor. Have a CKMA12 (single compressor version) on my JK, that one has seen a lot of abuse in 8 years, still running as day one.

Attachments

• IMG_20141117_145626.jpg
    IMG_20141117_145626.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 158
OP
OP
M

mstennes

Reaction score
Here's one more photo. 4mm thick aluminum panel folded into shape, very strong yet light weight. I have access to a metal fabrication shop so it's not very hard but still time consuming to get the size right... not perfectly made but good enough to be useful.

The ARB compressor is great for my purpose, filling up tires/air mattress etc... not running any big air tools. ARB makes great compressor. Have a CKMA12 (single compressor version) on my JK, that one has seen a lot of abuse in 8 years, still running as day one.

That looks great, I'm doing my idea in aluminum also, but after seeing yours I'm most likely scrapping my idea. A good friend of mine is a fabricator with all the neat toys also. Were also working on a aluminum shelf that will have the floor jack and spare tire under it, that will extend from the front to the rear wheel wells, doing that will allow me to regain the space lost by being able to stack stuff over the spare and the jack. Good to know on the compressor. My use will be the same as well as tires and air tools if needed, I need to come up with a air tank location as well.