Not a Good Day for Black Mamba

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The truck looks like it did pretty good. I would have them remove the tire and rebalance to be sure it's not bent.

Your parking pin took a bit of the impact as well.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

And yes, your rear alignment might be out.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a one ton that got hit like that. $12k in damage was done. The flat bed was hardly hurt at all. Make sure the springs and frame have not been torqued. It can be repaired, but it is expensive.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like you have RPG bump stops and frame support. Hopefully that stopped, or at the very least reduced, any frame tweaking that could have happened.

Hope she has insurance and the damage isn't too bad. Definitely sucks!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You'll need a full mechanical inspection including the transmission, god only knows how much that rear end moved when she hit your tire. I've heard of others needing a new rear end housing. It sucks, but is definitely reparable and I'm sure it will be just like new for you!

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can tell by that last photo that the axle is shifted forward a little bit. U better hope that all she did was shift the axle on the springs and not shove the frame rail forward. I've seen it done on a couple of F150s and one Raptor. I hear about these things from my Cousin from my Uncles collision shop. I bet u that the axle shaft can also be bent. Have the dealer do a "run out" test with a gauge on the surface edge of the rear axle hub. Might need to replace the axle and hub bearing if that's the case too. But of course this all depends on how fast she was going. Do yourself a favor though and get it out of that Ford dealership as soon as possible. Take it to a Real Collision shop. Not to derail this thread but read that thread from "Mobilebeats". I wouldn't let a dealer touch my shit ever again.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So that's how you remove those fender flares? But seriously, if the Ford dealership doesn't have a collision shop, maybe they can recommend one. Don't let them just do an alignment and call it good. It really doesn't look bad, better to be safe though.

I would make a list of all the items which have been mentioned here in this thread, which you want them to look at. Good luck!

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Hopefully, she bent your factory leaf springs, "SHE BENT YOUR FACTORY LEAF SPRINGS". Hint-Hint. Haha!

6cuda6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yah I would have them check all the run out for axle shafts, rear rotor, wheel etc.....I would also push to have the truck put on a frame bed and have all the frame measuring points checked (request it be done a laser bench, not the old school pin bench) as a lot can be adjusted out with a 4wheel alignment; even though the truck aligns doesn't mean it's not tweaked ,,,,have to remember that 4wheel alignment machines align off the projected centreline of the rear heads mounted to the wheels...

Could have been worse I guess...she could have hit you clean in the doors which would have written off the truck for sure....

Last edited:
OP
OP
debordj

debordj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it out to ford dealer this morning. Quick look is tire, wheel, and the spring is bent. They use a collision shop for auto body that is also a usaa shop. Just called usaa and that shop is going to go get the truck.

Thanks for all the great advice. I now have a list of stuff for them to tell me.

Concur - wasn't the first accident for this old lady. My neighbor knows her and she has had a rough couple of years but man I was pissed.

Cops called me last night with her insurance so we will see.

I'll keep you updated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk