Is it normal to have power loss in heavy sand?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it does... had my tires inflated with nitrofill about 5 years ago and have been using it since. doesn't leak out as fast and tire pressure stays a lot more consistent when temps drop... i was told it was because of the absence of moisture, which makes sense. Haven't had a tpms light come on yet.

Hehe I'm talking negative temps -20 dropping that 20 degrease in a few hr.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

I agree it seemed to work untill winter. wonder how it works in the desert 110?

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it does... had my tires inflated with nitrofill about 5 years ago and have been using it since. doesn't leak out as fast and tire pressure stays a lot more consistent when temps drop... i was told it was because of the absence of moisture, which makes sense. Haven't had a tpms light come on yet.

X2. I had mine filled and it never leaks. I have to put air in my wife's edge every time temp changes 20 or more degrees. Going to have hers done next oil change. Best $20.00 I've spent.

DeepSeaOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm of the..."your not keeping your engine in its happy place"...mindset. Sand wraps around your tires and is abrasive. It grips rubber well and creates more drag against the rubber, way more so than mud and therefore needs more grunt. I spend a fair amount of time in peanut butter consistency sand and there is generally only one best gear/RPM combo for a given speed, all of which require RPMs to be in the meaty area of the power curve. I see this in deep beach sand all the time...you're not going to finesse your way through it at 3000 RPMs.