Noob question: Remove tailgate step and handle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dlamb11

Reaction score
Hey all. I'm a noob here,but does anyone know if there is a trim piece to do the step delete on our tailgates? I hate the pole, and the step. Going to put actual steps in the corners of bumpers.

I ordered the panel to remove handle. Now I'm looking to see if a trim piece is made. 2011 is my year. Thanks for any info.

OP
OP
Dlamb11

Dlamb11

Reaction score
Maybe you can trade someone tailgates? Lol

May have to I guess. I can't believe I'm the only one that has thought" let's remove the step in the tailgate,I'll need a trim piece"

Yet, nobody makes a step delete trim piece yet. Maybe I'll have to fab one up.

OP
OP
Dlamb11

Dlamb11

Reaction score
Don't think of it as a step, but as a seat you use to change out of your work boots; a place to plant your butt after a long hike though the woods; the extra lift point to get that Elk in to the truck; and after that sit down and enjoy a cold beer...

Great idea. You sold me with the elk comment. I'm a hunter,so it would be nice to have a seat after hiking into and out of the woods,and a nice seat to take off hunting boots. Now,I may fab a cushion for the step,lol. Just turn it into a comfy seat.

Last edited:

svtraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to trade you tailgates! Unfortunately yours is blue mine is silver

You can see why I want the tailgate step from my profile picture.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck came with the step and although I wouldn't have ordered it myself, I actually find it quite useful. I do plan to remove the pole though, it never gets used.

G~Rod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are underutilizing the mini midget stripper pole!!
cbe19362e6786ef9bedbd27cd63c34de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk