noise when accelerating from a stop.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordraptorHero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
right when i hit the gas i hear a small almost squeeky noise from what sounds like the middle to rear end of the truck, anyone have any ideas on what this may be?

Jhillen50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you get a feeling as almost the trucks rear end is sticking or a slight tug feeling as well?

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

If so I had a 2010 Raptor when the same problem. It was the rear differential that was bad. It was replaced by the dealer and a known problem back then... Not sure what year you have but it sounds similar.

5280_TIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2010 and have this exact issue. So is it the driveshaft or differential?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

slosvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the sounds of it I had a similar issue with my 13 eco. Hi pitched hum from the rear end during acceleration from a stop. Ford said the bearings in my rear end were going out. All under warrant they replaced those and my driveshaft.