No free tire and wheel balance/aligment for new 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAJA1K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer is telling me that there is no free tire and wheel balance and alignment within the first 12months or 12,000 miles. The warranty guide says only if issues are incurred. I called Ford and they also confirmed this. What do you guys think? Has anyone gotten it free?

D

Deleted member 12951

I am under the understanding that it was only if there is an issue and not for normal maintenance. With that being said, I brought mine in because I was having issues with vibration on the highway and needed them balanced. My dealer charged me and when I asked why, they said because I off-road it that I caused them to be out of balance. I stopped going there....

mxDaemon

Reaction score
I've never gotten free wheel balancing or alignment with any new vehicle I've ever had. Only tire rotation. Don't think you'll get it free anywhere.

Chris Crampton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my alignment done under warranty a couple weeks ago. It's going back. Still not right. Yes alignment is covered under warranty 12,000mi or 12 months. I cannot comment on the wheel balance, I would think that should've covered too.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's in the manual under the warranty section, I know some guys have gotten it done, I didn't need it. I would think that any dealer, that wants your continued business, would be willing to do the work under warranty. My dealership has gone out of their way, to keep me happy, and yes, they know I go off road.

I wonder what Crystal has to say @FordService ?

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's in the manual under the warranty section, I know some guys have gotten it done, I didn't need it. I would think that any dealer, that wants your continued business, would be willing to do the work under warranty. My dealership has gone out of their way, to keep me happy, and yes, they know I go off road.

I wonder what Crystal has to say @FordService ?

Hi TheJoker,

I checked out the 2014 Warranty Guide and found this information on page 14:

"Ford will replace or adjust certain maintenance items when necessary,
free of charge during a limited period:
• Wiper blade replacements will be provided during the first six months
in service, regardless of miles driven.
• Wheel alignments and tire balancing will be provided during the first
12 months or 12,000 miles in service, whichever occurs first."

I'm assuming from this language that the key words are "when necessary"; I'd recommend speaking with your service manager if you have questions about whether or not a particular service would be covered under warranty. You can download free digital copies of your Owner's Manual or Warranty guide here: http://owner.ford.com

Crystal

MNWILKO

Reaction score
MY dad got a free alignment on hiss 2011 Screw after they moved his truck to mid perch. Apple Valley ford in MN. only charged $200 for the adjustment and free alignment because it was in the first 12 months.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Ok, so alignment is something that can be greatly affected by how(and where) you drive. Seems ridiculous to me that people are expecting the dealer to just do this for free after they have offroaded, or ran over curbs, or hit a giant pothole not paying attention, or what have you. Now if the truck was purely street queen or you had a legitimate factory issue causing it, I could see it. We don't fit into those categories, so we know that after offroading we usually need an alignment and it's on our dime. To the OP, if you've got something like this on a vehicle in the past my guess is it was the dealerships program, or some type of car.

MustangAndRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so alignment is something that can be greatly affected by how(and where) you drive. Seems ridiculous to me that people are expecting the dealer to just do this for free after they have offroaded, or ran over curbs, or hit a giant pothole not paying attention, or what have you. Now if the truck was purely street queen or you had a legitimate factory issue causing it, I could see it. We don't fit into those categories, so we know that after offroading we usually need an alignment and it's on our dime. To the OP, if you've got something like this on a vehicle in the past my guess is it was the dealerships program, or some type of car.

I would agree if it was an explorer or something but ford sells this with the intention of it being used offroad so they should take care of this kinda stuff for a year on the raptors. Just my opinion though.