Nightmare the past few days...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I bring my dads truck in to get inspected, we both have 6.2L Raptors. So the first time I bring it in there is 3 codes that go off. O2 sensors and cat sensors and something else I forgot. I have LT headers and stainless works exhaust on both and a cold air intake with a tune. I figured the codes were coming up because of the tune so I set it back to factory and ran it for 70-80 miles. Took it in 4 times during that period to see if the sensors had reset. Well they never reset and I even called Mike at 5 star which is what he told me to do. So now the truck is at the dealership and they are saying it did not pass the flow test. Which means the cats are clogged and means they are melted or something. So now I have to deal with my dad not having a truck because he cant even get a brand new 50k raptor inspected because there is something wrong with the stainless works cats. I will call stainless works tomorrow to see what we can do. My dad is livid because we just had these installed about 6-7 months ago or so and cats should not being going out, he even babies his raptor. I didn't find this problem on the forums.

Will update soon...

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't have my set yet so I don't know shit about them but you got to hit the gas to blow those ******* out. If not for the cats, you'll get carbon build up on the pistons. Now I'm not saying drive like a ass either. No bashing either. Just saying, but what do I know.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the same setup. I installed myself. After 8 plus hours of work to install and considerable brain fade I inadvertently put the 02 sensors in wrong. The fronts in the back and the back in the front. They will fit. But the wiring has to be stretched to fit. I thought that it was a problem with the extra harness they sent. Anyway got it all done and boom check engine lite. Ran ok. But a high rpm missed. Had 02 sensor codes. Cat codes also. And random misfire. So after banging my head against the wall a few times,looked at the stock y pipe and saw that I had it laid on the floor backwards and just took out the sensors and installed as it was laid out. Not saying this is what your problem is. But it sure threw me for a loop. And I work on cars for a living.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
CSmith

CSmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck was running perfectly fine. Do you honestly think the cats are melted?

Beemerman - I had a instructor from Wyotech install the headers and exhaust on both trucks. My truck runs just fine as well. Very strange. I need to figure this out somehow because I can't even get inspection..

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i would check out compare your truck to his and if it looks the same take his for a little blow of about 20 miles or so. when you return unhook the battery for 20 min, then see if it sets a code.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Truck was running perfectly fine. Do you honestly think the cats are melted?

Beemerman - I had a instructor from Wyotech install the headers and exhaust on both trucks. My truck runs just fine as well. Very strange. I need to figure this out somehow because I can't even get inspection..

anything is possible. just giving you my experience. but something is definately not right. if the cats were melted in my experience the truck would not get out of its own way. they would be stopped up. no acceleration. usually cats are melted due to extreme heat.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would move to Michigan so you don't need an inspection.

Just kidding, good luck and I am watching to see what the result is

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you notice a lack of power? It usually if the cats are bad clogged you will hear it and feel it in the peddle...plus I understand that if they look purple, which is a sign the cats have gotten to hot...

Did you install Insulated plug wires, when youn installed the cats?

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Unfortunately I've found that aftermarket cats are not as good as OEM cats. I've had a few friends have them fail on them 3 months after install which is why I just get off-road pipes if I replace the mid pipe. Unfortunately that's not always something everybody can do. I hope you get it figured out soon!