The Newbie and Raptor Colors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I rarely see any Raptors on the road.
Occasionally, I see a black one on my way home from work.
On I95 through Georgia and South Carolina I have seen white and black Raptors.

I like vivid colors on special vehicles, so I ordered Molten Orange, but have never actually seen it.

Well, yesterday going south on I75 I saw the Blue Flame on a Raptor pass me on my right, exiting in Ocala, FL. Now that was a vivid candy-blue that really caught my eye. I'm beginning to wish that I had ordered blue.

Is the Molten Orange as eye catching as the Blue Flame?

apologies: I am a little lazy but like a clean looking car/truck, so black is not a reasonable option. Silver would be much less maintenance sensitive, but I am not a silver-kind of car/truck guy. I like white, but wanted more vivid color. Those made my choice colors were either Molten Orange or Blue Flame.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
As the owner of a Blue Flame, I might have a one-sided opinion, not to mention I have always liked blue :D I think most pearl oranges (like Molten Orange) look the best in full sun and look kind of drab inside a garage or on cloudy days. I think bright metallic blues look good all of the time. My opinion is based on both the Raptor and the Pontiac G8 which also had two similar colors. In addition, I see fewer Blue Flames than orange so I think it attracts more attention.

I hear you on the black. My wife's G8 is a huge pain to keep looking good. If I was to have chosen a different color for the Raptor, it would have been white as it would hide the scratches the best. That is one of the downsides of the blue and I already have a few that show up. Black would be even worse.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Molten Orange was not my first color choice. Until I saw it in person.

In fact, a few people who didn't have a clue what a "Raptor" is or notice that it wasn't a "standard" F150 have commented on how much they like the color. It seems to change in different light... from more orange to a beautiful deep red. It never looks "drab" to my eyes but then I'm biased as well. :)

I think you made the right color choice.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well we all know white doesn't need the 'flash' because its the fastest color. So setting it aside... :mrgreen:

I think you chose well with MO. Blue wasn't on my radar because of the scratch issue Kaiser notes. And if white wasn't an option, MO would have been my choice.

Ya done good :)

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with either Molten Orange or Blue Flame. I like Blue Flame(especially that is 1 of 842) but I would have gotten Molten Orange if it didn't come with the stupid Orange interior.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well we all know white doesn't need the 'flash' because its the fastest color. So setting it aside... :mrgreen:

I think you chose well with MO. Blue wasn't on my radar because of the scratch issue Kaiser notes. And if white wasn't an option, MO would have been my choice.

Ya done good :)
Yeah it does scratch up quick especially if you wheel in the woods with it like me.

OP
OP
Deinonychus

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with either Molten Orange or Blue Flame. I like Blue Flame(especially that is 1 of 842) but I would have gotten Molten Orange if it didn't come with the stupid Orange interior.

Was the Molten Orange with mandantory orange interior only the 2010 Raptors??

I had to pass on the orange accented interior option. I much prefer the black interior, though I could have gone for black interior with orange stitching (a much more subtle approach).

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score

You must be talking about the ones you had to choose from on the lot... right? My Molten Orange does not have the optional orange accents in the interior.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was the Molten Orange with mandantory orange interior only the 2010 Raptors??

I had to pass on the orange accented interior option. I much prefer the black interior, though I could have gone for black interior with orange stitching (a much more subtle approach).

You must be talking about the ones you had to choose from on the lot... right? My Molten Orange does not have the optional orange accents in the interior.
I ordered my truck through the military sales program and some options were mandatory options one was the sunroof and the other was the interior option on orange trucks. I had to order my truck with a sunroof and hope Ford removed the mandatory sunroof option so I could remove it from my truck(which it happened). But yes every truck I saw at a dealership had the interior on the lot.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2010 (bought in 2010) and the orange interior accents were definitely not a mandatory option with the Molten Orange paint when buying from the Ford dealer... but if you bought through a special program it certainly could have been.