Newbie question 18" or 20"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
So on this same topic and also a newbie..... I am sticking with 17's but I'd like to get new rims. I'm running stock rims and tires now but I was thinking of getting some Method Standards. They are zero offset and the stocks are 34 or 44? So this means they will stick out 34/44 more mm or about an inch right? Is there going to be a rubbing issue? Is there any body out thee who has some nice pictures of methods on their raptors?

I've got to know...

635759579556796205-1333795287_image.png

Agent 00 L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its all here, you just have to look a little. Unless you get a vehicle in the first few months of production somebody has probably already figured the issue out. Search for Method on here and you will get plenty of info to read through.

Mine rubbed until I moved the tire forward with suspension adjustments and an alignment.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Wow thanks for the help. New at this and just trying to get shit figured out.

A couple of things:

First: if you're going to hang around here, you're gonna need thick skin. FRF members aren't wearing safety-pins...

Second: If I haaaaaaaaad to guuueeesssss I'd start with the "wheels and tires" section of the forum to find pics. There just miiiiiiiiiiiiiight be a thread called "post pics of your wheel and tire setup".

BRAAAPTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A couple of things:

First: if you're going to hang around here, you're gonna need thick skin. FRF members aren't wearing safety-pins...

Second: If I haaaaaaaaad to guuueeesssss I'd start with the "wheels and tires" section of the forum to find pics. There just miiiiiiiiiiiiiight be a thread called "post pics of your wheel and tire setup".

I was more interested in a quick answer about rubbing if I bought a set of Methods. Just threw the picture thing in.

D

Deleted member 12951

So on this same topic and also a newbie..... I am sticking with 17's but I'd like to get new rims. I'm running stock rims and tires now but I was thinking of getting some Method Standards. They are zero offset and the stocks are 34 or 44? So this means they will stick out 34/44 more mm or about an inch right? Is there going to be a rubbing issue? Is there any body out thee who has some nice pictures of methods on their raptors?

Yes about an 1.25" further out. I've been running stock wheels for 2.5yrs and have never had rubbing under normal conditions. I just recently went to wheels with 6mm offset and now for the first time, I am rubbing on the back fender walls, just great.

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read existing threads about wheel offset on here for days until I figured out what I wanted to do. I determined that a 0 offset wasn't for me due to the chance of rubbing and I personally don't care for the way it looks. I almost went with 18" Methods since they are +18 offset, but I really wanted to stick with 17's so I found another wheel that offers +25 offset.