Newbie question 18" or 20"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steelerjoe

Reaction score
Just bought a 2012 Raptor and am trying g to decide between 18" and 20" wheels. Does any have any suggestions? Have a few different wheels picked out but need to decide on size first.
Thanks!

brc misfit

FRF Addict
Reaction score
still using 17s with 37s. 20s,,, reserved for gangsta' escalade. I see a lot of 20s on trucks in the hood. my .02 cents....

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Mostly street with light offroad? 20's are fine.

Mostly an offroad toy? 17s or 18s

I run 17's and 37s and really like it. Remember the less sidewall you run on your tire, the less they can help soak up bumps. There are guys on here who run their trucks in the dirt with 20's but they're in the minority.

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheels and tires for 18's are usually less money than 20's for the exact same thing and I think 17's or 18's look better on a Raptor. Also make sure you know (and understand) the wheel offset of the wheels you select since that will also make a difference on how they will look.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
0 Offset is the most common one used around here. Stock is a +34. If you decide to go negative, it can be done, but you might run into rubbing issues even with 315s or 35s.

BRAAAPTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So on this same topic and also a newbie..... I am sticking with 17's but I'd like to get new rims. I'm running stock rims and tires now but I was thinking of getting some Method Standards. They are zero offset and the stocks are 34 or 44? So this means they will stick out 34/44 more mm or about an inch right? Is there going to be a rubbing issue? Is there any body out thee who has some nice pictures of methods on their raptors?

OP
OP
S

steelerjoe

Reaction score
Thank you

Thank you for all the replies. 18" sounds like the way to go. Appreciate the feedback.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So on this same topic and also a newbie..... I am sticking with 17's but I'd like to get new rims. I'm running stock rims and tires now but I was thinking of getting some Method Standards. They are zero offset and the stocks are 34 or 44? So this means they will stick out 34/44 more mm or about an inch right? Is there going to be a rubbing issue? Is there any body out thee who has some nice pictures of methods on their raptors?

Use this. Seriously, there are a lot of threads out there that will help:

Screen Shot 2016-11-07 at 7.54.07 PM.png

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Is Pope Catholic?